Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 4:35pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing with Wand is, once you've had a comcussion it's easier to get the next one, and even easier to get the one after that. It seems now that a stiff breeze can put Wand out. There's a difference between being stopped and being knock out cold. If he won't retire, he needs to be put on indefinate medical suspension until any possible brain injury can be conclusively ruled out. It's no coincidence he keeps ending up asleep with the doctors standing over him shining a light in his eyes.

In the Siver fight, too many people are reaching the mind set that if you pin a guy against the cage or keep trying takedowns that you're winning the fight. It may be true that a single takedown can steal a round, but a failed ones don't score at all. A lot of people also think the guy who bleeds loses. Siver clearly won 2 out of 3 rounds, it's disturbing that only serious fans know that when everyone claims to be a "real fan" of mma.

Elbows shouldn't be allowed. Not because cuts stop to many fights early, which they don't. But because cuts shorten a fighters career and cause problems in future fights. Why is it ok to lay on a guy and shred his face with 1" elbows, but you can't attack someone on 1 knee? I don't see te serious threat of kneeing a guy in the face while he's on 1 knee when there is apparently no danger in someone with a collar clinch repeatedly feeding a guy knees. And I don't see how allowing gapping gash causing strikes is safe.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 6:27pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally got around to seeing this. Amazing card, I loved every fight except for the main event.

I made two predictions and I was wrong on both accounts. Tito looked young and full of energy, I was expecting an aged Tito with non existent striking and ineffective wrestling, as in his last few fights. Congrats to him, I really want to see if he can come into his next fight looking like the Tito of old.

I have never been a big fan of Leben and I honestly thought this victory was more about Silva being completely careless and having zero respect for Leben's biggest strength. He really should have adjusted his game plan, instead of doing what he always does.

The Kim and Condit fight was great, I had that one too close to make a prediction. I love Condit's striking. I hope he keeps winning.

Siver vs Wiman got a lot of booing after the decision, but that one was really hard to call. I felt like that fight should have been a draw. Small advantage to Siver in the first and third, big advantage to Wiman in the second.

As for the main event, holy **** was that a snooze fest. I really dislike watching that style of fighting. It looks like two pissed off cats frantically bouncing around while occasionally throwing a paw at each other. I never watched WEC back in the day, I still haven't seen a bantam or featherweight in the UFC that I like to watch.

Fantastic card overall.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 11:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Props to Leben's chin. He got decked when he waded in and it didn't even faze him. Watching that, I don't think that anyone can doubt the Wandy is much easier to knock out than he was earlier in his career. It's not a matter of overlooking Leben's strength, so much as relying on a fundamental attribute that isn't there any longer. It's like watching Lidell after he stopped being able to knock people out with his looping right.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 4:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 7:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    from that article:

Silva has lost six of his past eight fights. In four of those losses, Silva was knocked out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 7:30pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A rematch ain't hapnin. Wand has nothing to offer. That's not an insult, or me being an ass, it's the truth. You can't lose so many fights, get knocked literaly unconcious so many times, and still be taken seriously reguardless of what you did 10 years ago. The only people who may still want to fight him are guys who haven't made it yet and don't have any credible wins on their record, in which case, Wand has no reason to fight them.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456