Thread: Introduction

Style
    Tang Soo Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Introduction

I've been lurking these forums for a several months and found them a great resource for learning about martial arts, and pretty damned entertaining, and decided to join.

So, about me:
    I took Tang Soo Do as a kid, quit in my teens, recently decided to get back into martial arts as an adult. I got a job at martial arts chain that I grew up in as I had been having **** luck landing a job and knew I thought I could get some relatively decent free training. I worked there for about 6 months, but things didn't end up working out. I'm currently working a part time job where I don't think I'll be able to get reliable hours and about to start summer classes. Definitely an obstacle to training.

If I can fit it in my schedule, I'm going to try out Judo. While Judo is awesome, I'd prefer to take a striking art. Judo just happens to be in my budget and convenient.

Style
    MT/BJJ/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two very good reasons for starting Judo! I'd wager also, that once you start, you'll also find additional reasons to stay. Judo also, is a very complete art.
    Just add striking, and you have a versatile system of unarmed combat.

Also, you said that you got a job at a martial arts chain.. Do you mean that you were teaching TSD at this time?

Style
    Tang Soo Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh... No. I was just an assistant instructor. Am I going to get flamed to **** now?

Style
    MT/BJJ/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL.. hardly.

Thanks for clearing that up though :) do you want to share your TSD rank with us? (you don't have to, I'm just askin)

Style
    Judo, Jujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After a lifetime of mostly striking arts, I'm taking Judo and I love it. Just my two cents.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Style
    Tang Soo Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    LOL.. hardly.

Thanks for clearing that up though :) do you want to share your TSD rank with us? (you don't have to, I'm just askin)
    Second Dan. I earned it as a kid and I don't know if they were still associated with any TSD governing body at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master

After a lifetime of mostly striking arts, I'm taking Judo and I love it. Just my two cents.
    I always wished that grappling elements in the forms and one steps would progress into practicing that kind of stuff live, even if our art still didn't emphasize that kind of thing.

Style
    Judo, Jujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In many ways, it's a completely different experience. Yet it's still martial arts, and it's intense, live training. I've found it to be both very fun and fulfilling.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel