LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 6:09pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    ****, I hope not. It's not how we do it. No one on YouTube seems to what I'm talking about either.

Um, anyone want to try a style of aikido I have apparently been practicing after learning it in dream?

Best I can describe...

Enter hard (fnar fnar) driving your left arm as far under their right as you can - as if to put your arm around their back, but reaching progressively higher as the arm goes through.

As you finish that driving entry, your shoulder should just connect with their armpit. Your hand should be above head height. Other hand should be protecting your head, or punching theirs.

Pivot on your lead leg (left in this instance) a full 180 degrees, cutting your left hand back down to belt-buckle position. As you rotate, also drop full body weight down to the ground.

Make any sense?
    Sounds like irimi nage as a response to shomen uchi without a direction change.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 6:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Danzan Ryu jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scary to think off the lack of training. California has POST peace officer standards and training that sets a minimum standard I forgot what it was, but it is not much.
    Here in Oregon most police make less then $20:00 an hour. The guys from Mexico mowing yards make $25:00 or more. Our Dojo Medfordjudo.com charges $20:00 per month and we have a blue belt who is a US Marshall. The next Dojo over in Crescent City has the infamous Pelican Bay State Prison. a number of guards train there at our sister Dojo. The state does not give them money for training. It hard economic times like this training for law enforcement is cut first. The technique taught to police today is called create a witness this is done by yelling loudly to anyone there "Stop Resisting" any force needed is then applied (taser the **** out of you or shoot you." You must not know police anything to not get the uniform dirty or ripped. Steroids are also big some police chief in Texas wanted his whole department to have testosterone shots because they worked so well for him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 7:11pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steroids? What now?

Got a link?

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 7:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamabushi7 View Post
    Here in Oregon most police make less then $20:00 an hour.
    I make more than that as a labourer! O_o

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 7:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    You're too stupid to argue with.
    That's a nice way to say that there isn't a single person who studies only KM that can compete in a high level striking contest. Nice attempt at a dodge though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzero View Post
    So what do you do, then? Apart from talking ****? :)
    If you are talking to me then the current answer is Judo, and in about two months from now the answer will be Judo and kickboxing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 8:12pm

Style: G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good combo. And I agree that KM cant compete in a high level striking contest. But that's not what KM's for nor has anyone here ever implied that is was a pure striking art equal to MT. Just that its more effective than 1 hour of aikido (and certainly more suitable imo for a LEO).

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 8:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good combo. And I agree that KM cant compete in a high level striking contest. But that's not what KM's for nor has anyone here ever implied that is was a pure striking art equal to MT. Just that its more effective than 1 hour of aikido (and certainly more suitable imo for a LEO).
    Playing Devil's advocate here, I'm going to go ahead and suggest that 1 hour of Aikido is more useful than 1 hour of Krav Maga, as I think the Aikido is more likely to convince you to avoid danger, you're not going to walk away thinking you can disarm a gun from someone.

Also breakfalls. Can you learn how to breakfall properly in an hour? of course not, but at least you're going to be aware that there's a process involved, Krav Maga, I wouldn't expect it.

Furthermore I think Aikido is better for de-escalation than KM, and de-escalation will save you more than any other fighting skill bar sprinting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 8:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Odd, the fist thing I learned was to avoid a dangerous situation. Either you've never taken a KM class or you went to a really shitty one :)

Edit: Oh I see. The shittyness of Aikido convinces one to avoid danger. My bad. Too much painkillers I guess.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 8:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edit: Oh I see. The shittyness of Aikido convinces one to avoid danger. My bad. Too much painkillers I guess.
    Strangely enough, this is truer (and more effective at saving your life) than one might normally imagine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 8:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How's Aikido better for de-escalation? Is it the pants?
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast