Style
    Combined Combative Arts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

G'day from Sydney Australia

Hey all,
    Just a quick note to introduce myself to you all.
    I'm an out of shape practicer of the arts, looking around in a big city for a quality Japanese school (Karate) with the option to learn some Katana. Have found Kenjutsu, but want the hand to hand also.
    Have tried my hand at a few styles over the years, and am pleased to find a site like this looks to be.
    I guess time will tell!

Style
    Judo, Jujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What schools and styles are available in your area? Do they compete in competitions? How do they spar, is it light contact point sparring or full contact competitive sparring? These are some of the questions it'll be important for you to consider when looking for a school. But first and foremost, I would lay out your goals and get an idea of what you want to get out martial arts. This will help you know what to think when you're in a school. But don't be afraid to open your mind and accept new goals if you're introduced to something you didn't think of before.

P.S. What's with the Aussie invasion? Seems like they're popping up all over the place lately.

P.P.S. Welcome to Bullshido.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aussies are just a harder race of human beings. So martial arts is suited to them.

I have no Idea about katana. The best places I know for training is either SPMA or elite. Both sports fighter gyms.

Style
    MT/BJJ/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Aussies are just a harder race of human beings. So martial arts is suited to them.
    Hehe.. This man stands apart.. a sage!

Welcome to Bullshido.net! There are quite a few Aussies here who are serious about the right things and laid back about the rest of the unimportant bullshit. You're in good company mate, so crack open a tinny, read something hilarious, and share something about your impressions! (this thread is a great place for your first contact with the community, as there are rules that create a friendly environment.)

@TaeBro

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahaha Nice

Style
    Boxing and No Gi BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckleman View Post
    Hey all,
    Just a quick note to introduce myself to you all.
    I'm an out of shape practicer of the arts, looking around in a big city for a quality Japanese school (Karate) with the option to learn some Katana. Have found Kenjutsu, but want the hand to hand also.
    Have tried my hand at a few styles over the years, and am pleased to find a site like this looks to be.
    I guess time will tell!
    Whuch part of Syd are you in? People like yours truly, Battlefield and a few others reside in different areas and might be able to point you in the right direction if you give us your approximate area (e.g. inner west, west...you got it)

Style
    Boxing and No Gi BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amen to that brother.