Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 2:25pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well anyway, for all of the above reasons, my trust in cops is less than zero and I wouldn't surrender my firearm simply because a cop demanded it. Should I feel it would be the best to diffuse a violent situation, yeah, maybe I'll comply. But no one is going to take it from me in a simple traffic stop or other such interaction.

Come at me, bro.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 8:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay kids, I'm out. I don't have the time, nor the inclination to continue banging my head against the wall here.

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 9:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C0WB0Y View Post
    Well anyway, for all of the above reasons, my trust in cops is less than zero and I wouldn't surrender my firearm simply because a cop demanded it. Should I feel it would be the best to diffuse a violent situation, yeah, maybe I'll comply. But no one is going to take it from me in a simple traffic stop or other such interaction.

Come at me, bro.
    I look in my crystal ball and see......more tasering.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 9:28pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Rock View Post

"Never" is an absolute and does not allow for circumstances.
    This is you discussing the specific definition of a word. Yes, you getting upset at his generalities and saying "hey Look at the definition" is semantics.

You took the main argument, personalized it, started deconstructing his meanings and usage of words, parsed out specific verbiage to dispute, and then built an entirely new argument where you BOTH agree. Then you continue to point out contradictions, with in the new argument, and while agreeing disagree based on semantics.

That is a case study of a semantics based argument.

Okay kids, I'm out. I don't have the time, nor the inclination to continue banging my head against the wall here.
    Then remove the one between your ears youngster and get off my lawn.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 10:09pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    I look in my crystal ball and see......more tasering.
    Gun beats taser every time.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 10:30pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C0WB0Y View Post
    Gun beats taser every time.
    Not when the "gun" is still in its holster.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 1:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    This is you discussing the specific definition of a word. Yes, you getting upset at his generalities and saying "hey Look at the definition" is semantics.

You took the main argument, personalized it, started deconstructing his meanings and usage of words, parsed out specific verbiage to dispute, and then built an entirely new argument where you BOTH agree. Then you continue to point out contradictions, with in the new argument, and while agreeing disagree based on semantics.

That is a case study of a semantics based argument.

Then remove the one between your ears youngster and get off my lawn.
    (tumbleweed rolls by...hawk screams in the distance)

Boring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 2:35am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I have read this whole thread and I found some interesting reading. A few years ago I drove to Texas by myself. I had my gun in the glove compartment instead in my holster because the damn thing was digging into my side. I was pulled over three times by three different Texas State Troopers. I only had my gun taken from me by one of them and the Trooper was a good looking female.

Anyway I did not mind her removing my gun from my glove department until she figured out who I was. I know from experience that safety is key to surviving on patrol. However if I did have my gun in my holster I probably would have refused for both of our safety. I would have simply flashed the badge right away which I don't like doing when I get pulled over especially in another state but it is better than getting shot.

I don't find it an issue for letting the officer temporarily having your gun for the duration of the stop. However asking for you to remove it from your holster is a big no no. I myself would let them keep it in their holster but remind them that if they put their hands where I can't see them might cause me to panic and take out my gun out and something bad might happen. Of course I would say it with a big **** eating grin.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 6:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    Well I have read this whole thread and I found some interesting reading. A few years ago I drove to Texas by myself. I had my gun in the glove compartment instead in my holster because the damn thing was digging into my side. I was pulled over three times by three different Texas State Troopers. I only had my gun taken from me by one of them and the Trooper was a good looking female.

Anyway I did not mind her removing my gun from my glove department until she figured out who I was. I know from experience that safety is key to surviving on patrol. However if I did have my gun in my holster I probably would have refused for both of our safety. I would have simply flashed the badge right away which I don't like doing when I get pulled over especially in another state but it is better than getting shot.

I don't find it an issue for letting the officer temporarily having your gun for the duration of the stop. However asking for you to remove it from your holster is a big no no. I myself would let them keep it in their holster but remind them that if they put their hands where I can't see them might cause me to panic and take out my gun out and something bad might happen. Of course I would say it with a big **** eating grin.
    With regards to what I bolded, I understand why you are probably uncomfortable tinning the cop pulling you over and I agree, it feels skeevy, but I do it anyway. There is always at least one firearm and multiple blades in the car with me, as well as a protection dog in the back who will be barking his fool head off and biting the crate door or windows, so I like to identify myself ASAP in case the copper is (understandably) jumpy. I consider it a courtesy to the uniformed Officer and I'm less concerned with how it may look.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 8:24am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (tumbleweed rolls by...hawk screams in the distance)

Boring.
    Yeah but you read it and responded. So, you do have time and like that wall.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast