Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 9:48am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C0WB0Y View Post
    My brother & I were absoutely jumped by the cops for no damn reason. No words spoken, they just tried to tackle me from behind. Maybe it was mistaken identity, but we've never been told why they even tried to arrest us.
    Did you ask? I would have asked, at some point.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 10:18am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
    How is it a semantic argument? I don't understand what you mean.
    I know that's why I find this all funny. You both are arguing the same thing from different positions. Then you both are plodding through and semantically nit picking each others argument.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/05/2011 10:37am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 10:27am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you ask? I would have asked, at some point.
    Most certainly. We're were told (and quite honestly I believe) that only the depiuties who arrested us knew why were were brought in. Hell, we weren't even told what the charges were till about 12 hours later. None of our phone calls nor our property were ever returned. The charges were dropped and they washed their hands of the entire situation without explanation.

Of course I don't expect you to believe any of this. After all, you are supposed to toe the thin blue line.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 10:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I know that's why I find this all funny. You both are arguing the same thing form different positions. Then you both are plodding through and semantically nit picking each others argument.
    No, we aren't.

COWBOY has taken the position that he will never (an absolute term) cooperate with Police who feel the need to relieve him of his firearm because of the (1) risk of a possible negligent disharge due to Officer's unfamiliarity with the make/model of firearm temporarily seized, and (2) because he alleges that he has been attacked by Police and Tasered and thus does not trust a LEO he does not personally know, or (3) all cops are probably inhuman scum. Unless (a relative term), or course, in his judgement, circumstances merit that he relinquish his firearm. The second position contradicts the first.

I am saying that as a general rule, and especially from the standpoint of personal safety, it is better option to comply with Police orders during an interaction, especially one in which you are armed.

That is not a semantic argument at all.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 10:41am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most certainly. We're were told (and quite honestly I believe) that only the depiuties who arrested us knew why were were brought in. Hell, we weren't even told what the charges were till about 12 hours later. None of our phone calls nor our property were ever returned. The charges were dropped and they washed their hands of the entire situation without explanation.
    Did you contact that department's Internal Affairs Bureau?

Of course I don't expect you to believe any of this. After all, you are supposed to toe the thin blue line.
    Are you always this passive-aggressive?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I'm glad an American policemen is concerned and surprised by this because so far we've had two intelligent and reasonable people - Gezere and Cowboy imply they would actively consider not surrendering their weapon to a police officer if the police officer required it.

There's literally no way out for the private citizen you either surrender the weapon or... what? Start a firefight with the police? Seriously, what is your alternative?
    Again its obvious you don't truly understand my reluctance and probably never will unless you experience it yourself.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 1:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you contact that department's Internal Affairs Bureau?

Are you always this passive-aggressive?
    Yes & Yes.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 2:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes & Yes.
    Then, if what you wrote is true, I hope you got a fat settlement check or judgement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 2:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't got ****. Not that I've completely given up... but the problem is cops are apparently allowed to lie in their reports. Every lawyer I've met with has said, "Yeah, it sucks, yeah your photos refute their reports. Buuuut on the stand the cops will just say they mixed up their paperwork and meant to say you WERE totally violent and they NEEDED to taser you repeatedly and they just forgot to add in all the other taserings because they were overworked and tired."

Justified force & case dismissed.

At BEST I could hope for a misdemeanor assault conviction on them. Funny how when they nearly electrocute me to death, they can only be charged with a misdemeanor, but if I punch a cop it goes right to felony charges.

All men are created equal... but some are more equal that others.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 2:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is not a semantic argument at all.
    Yes, it is and again I'm not talking about you trying to remain on the topic of the thread.

You guys entered a debate on his feelings about cops. You both derailed the discussion about SURRENDERING WEAPONS into a semantic argument based on hating all cops, some cops, contradictions and other nitpicking.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/05/2011 2:18pm at .
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast