Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 7:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C0WB0Y View Post
    This is the internet. I can afford to give you the benefit of the doubt with no consequences. In real life, not-so-much.
    If I were to make broad generalizations in the manner that you have, based on my own experience with the horrifying things that Homo sapiens do to each other daily, I would be forced to conclude that most *people* are genetic garbage, regardless of profession. Yet, somehow I find it in myself to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason to do otherwise.

Perhaps it is best that I am on this side of the badge, and you on the other.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 9:15pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it's ok to assume that anyone with a firearm may possibly be a blood-thirsty psychopath hell bent on murdering innocents and therefore should relieved of their weapon in the name of safety?

In that case, I'll be confiscating your firearm for the remainder of our discussion, Officer Rock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 9:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And most people ARE genetic garbage. I'll agree with you wholeheartedly there. And since cops are just people drafted from all parts of society, then it's rather safe to assume that most cops are genetic garbage as well.

I'd no sooner hand over my firearm to a police officer that demanded it than a random armed stranger. Neither has done anything to earn or deserve my trust.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 9:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Caveat to all this: If there is suspicion of ANY type of violent crime, all suspects should be relieved of their firearms. Furthermore, should I find myself involved in a violent altercation, I would surrender my firearm to the responding police to prevent any further escalation. i.e Someone attempts to mug me and I break his kneecaps with my awesome UFC training skills. I would then temporarily surrender my firearm to the responding police officers in an attempt to diffuse the situation, knowing full-well that I could use my super-strength to break free of the handcuffs and unleash the fury of 1,000 hells upon my captors at any time I so wished.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 6:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C0WB0Y View Post
    So it's ok to assume that anyone with a firearm may possibly be a blood-thirsty psychopath hell bent on murdering innocents and therefore should relieved of their weapon in the name of safety?
    Why in the world would you infer that I am suggesting ANYTHING like that? Go back and read my posts. I have made my opinion on this matter very clear.

In that case, I'll be confiscating your firearm for the remainder of our discussion, Officer Rock.
    I could say something trite like "come get it", but internet bravado isn't my thing. So I'll just say that no, you won't.

And most people ARE genetic garbage. I'll agree with you wholeheartedly there. And since cops are just people drafted from all parts of society, then it's rather safe to assume that most cops are genetic garbage as well.
    Again, you seem to have some difficulty comprehending my writing. At no point did I state that "most people are genetic garbage". I EXPLICITLY wrote that despite my experience otherwise, I believe that most people are actually good, decent folks who should recieve the benefit of the doubt in most situations until they provide reason to suspect otherwise. NOT genetic garbage.

I'd no sooner hand over my firearm to a police officer that demanded it than a random armed stranger. Neither has done anything to earn or deserve my trust.
    Now that's just silly. A random armed stranger has no State-backed authority to stop and question you or use force against you. Police do, and that's why we wear uniforms to make it clear to everyone that we are bringing that State authority with us. Besides, we both know that in real life, you're going to hand it over. I know, I know, "come get it".

Caveat to all this: If there is suspicion of ANY type of violent crime, all suspects should be relieved of their firearms.
    And that's the problem with your position. You don't know what prompted the interaction in the first place. Let's say you didn't just get in a fight. You're just driving around or walking down the sidewalk. You might match the description of someone wanted for a homicide. Some idiot with a grudge against you who knows that you carry concealed may have called 911 and falsely claimed that you just fired rounds off into a house, just to trigger a police response in an effort to ruin your day. It happens. The very worst thing you could do in such a situation is not-comply.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 8:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The police have made it very clear that it is an us vs. them situation in this country. Last time I complied with the police I was tasered 8 times all while in handcuffs. I'll never make that mistake again.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 9:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok. Now we're getting somewere with regards to your outlook on things. I'm sure you were totally compliant when that happened. Police just swooped in out of nowehere, put your cooperative self in handcuffs, and due to your cooperation, deployed a Taser 8 times on you, right? I'll allow that this is possible, as LEO's are not angels, but if true, your course of action should have been to hire an attorney and sue the relevant parties for every penny you could get, not proceed with taking to the Internet and propagating the ridiculous notion that it is somehow a good idea to not comply with the Police, especially without FIRST disclosing *why* you hold this view, so that readers can make an informed decision as to your credibility and objectivity.

I'd be willing to bet money that the attitude you have demonstrated in this thread is not the result of your being Tasered, rather that it was a major contributing factor in sparking whatever action that resulted with you on the recieving end of force. A moment of self-reflection is probably in order, but frankly you don't seem to be the type who would even consider it, based on what you have written here.

Also, you are directly contradicting yourself. You have already posted this:
    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Caveat to all this: If there is suspicion of ANY type of violent crime, all suspects should be relieved of their firearms. Furthermore, should I find myself involved in a violent altercation, I would surrender my firearm to the responding police to prevent any further escalation. i.e Someone attempts to mug me and I break his kneecaps with my awesome UFC training skills. I would then temporarily surrender my firearm to the responding police officers in an attempt to diffuse the situation, knowing full-well that I could use my super-strength to break free of the handcuffs and unleash the fury of 1,000 hells upon my captors at any time I so wished.
    And now this:

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOY
    Last time I complied with the police I was tasered 8 times all while in handcuffs. I'll never make that mistake again.
    "Never" is an absolute and does not allow for circumstances.

I understand that there is nothing I can write that is going to potentially change your mind about LEO's and how to generally conduct oneself around them. I will simply offer this: in the decades I spent on this planet before I became a Police Officer, I never once found myself on the recieving end of physical force from an Officer. The overwhelming majority of people in this country have never once had Police use actual physical force used on them. There's a lesson to be learned from this, if you wish to avoid such incidents in the future.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 9:10am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You might want to add "under normal circumstances" since you two are arguing semantics.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 9:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You might want to add "under normal circumstances" since you two are arguing semantics.
    How is it a semantic argument? I don't understand what you mean.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 9:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My brother & I were absoutely jumped by the cops for no damn reason. No words spoken, they just tried to tackle me from behind. Maybe it was mistaken identity, but we've never been told why they even tried to arrest us. Judo instincts kicked in well before anyone ever identified themselves and a few cops got tossed as I ate a faceful of pepper spray. It wasn't until I broke free of my attackers that they ever identified themselves as police. Surrounded, asked them what the hell they wanted and was told to lie down. As soon as I did, the cuffs were thrown on and the taserings began.

Bullshit Charge: resisting arrest without violence.

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/about/ja...4172&bk=616706

My watch, my cash, my Kershaw pocket knife were all stolen. Charges were then 'generously' dropped. The police report somehow only tallies up two tasers being deployed. My pictures tell the truth.

I've seen enough to know what a bunch of fucking lying scumbags the police can be. Are they ALL like that? No... but enough of them are for me to never be able to trust a single one of them that I don't personally know.

I grew up believing all the elementary school bullshit about Officer McFriendly being your best pal in case of trouble. Now I know he IS trouble.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast