218275 Bullies, 7522 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class1 year registeredCreated Album picturesTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    6/29/2011 5:18am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That video is a perfect example if idiocy in motion.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/29/2011 10:06am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by No.1_Son View Post
    This thread is starting to scare me.

When you are taking a gun off someone, would your other hand normally be on your own piece? It seems to me like that would be the smart way to do it, ignorant as I am of these things.
    That could make things worse. You are being ordered to give up your legal firearm to someone prepared to draw on you. That would make it a tense situation. Especially for minorities because the reality of the matter is many don't have good run ins with cops regardless of their social standings. For a cop to ask for my weapon the LAST thing he needs to do is put his hand on his.

Anyways, if the decision just says that it's legal for cops to take guns during traffic stops if they choose, I don't have a problem with that, and I don't know why any sensible person would.
    Because a sensible person isn't going to draw down on a cop at a traffic stop so why do you need to disarm him?

I have a guenine respect for authority however I have dealt with the less professional end of the spectrum and I would rather we have a mutual respect of each others rights than me being placed in a position where I am at a huge disadvantage dealing with an asshole.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second ClassRecommendation First ClassOverdrive

Posted On:
    6/29/2011 10:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    I have a guenine respect for authority however I have dealt with the less professional end of the spectrum and I would rather we have a mutual respect of each others rights than me being placed in a position where I am at a huge disadvantage dealing with an asshole.
    Temptation to gun troll, again, is strong...

But seriously how does not surrendering the gun give you an 'advantage'? Surely you're not positing drawing on a policemen?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/29/2011 10:33am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Temptation to gun troll, again, is strong...

But seriously how does not surrendering the gun give you an 'advantage'? Surely you're not positing drawing on a policemen?
    Read again. I didn't say it gave me an advantage I said being disarmed while dealing with an armed asshole puts me at a disadvantage.

No I am not advocating drawing on a LEO. HOWEVER there have been several cases of cops shooting unarmed individuals with no justifiable cause. Maybe its a self comfort thing but I hope that knowing both of us are armed might make things more polite.

I know LEOs get a bad rap due to the assholes out there. I am not completely convinced such a law will help. If I disclose I am armed and it is legal for me to carry. (I don't have a problem with them asking me to produce my CCW permit.) Then I don't see why I should have to surrender especially when the cop is likely going to have back up arrive once a weapon is disclosed. However I'm not stupid. If I get stopped and asked for my weapon I will surrender it because being black that's the quickest way to get 6 warning shots in the face.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second ClassRecommendation First ClassOverdrive

Posted On:
    6/29/2011 11:03am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read again. I didn't say it gave me an advantage I said being disarmed while dealing with an armed asshole puts me at a disadvantage.
    Doesn't matter how many times you re-read the sentence. If you think being disarmed puts you at a disadvantage it implies a belief that being armed makes you at least equal if not at an advantage.

The logical reasoning someone would have for believing being armed makes you equal or places you at an advantage is that the two of you are at least stalemated in your willingness/ability to use the weapon on the other.

No I am not advocating drawing on a LEO. HOWEVER there have been several cases of cops shooting unarmed individuals with no justifiable cause. Maybe its a self comfort thing but I hope that knowing both of us are armed might make things more polite.
    Its only really a hope though, isnt it. As even being armed things are still stacked against you, because the monopoly of violence still lies with the agent of the state - the policemen - not with the individual - Gezere.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    6/29/2011 10:44pm

Style: Shotokan, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doesn't matter how many times you re-read the sentence. If you think being disarmed puts you at a disadvantage it implies a belief that being armed makes you at least equal if not at an advantage.

The logical reasoning someone would have for believing being armed makes you equal or places you at an advantage is that the two of you are at least stalemated in your willingness/ability to use the weapon on the other.
    The more you post, the more of a giant gaping ***** you come off as. You're going to be the first one to go once you guys **** up and have a real life 28 Days Later eventually.

I've never shot anyone, most people haven't. But if you think i had access to a gun and an event happened that put me in a situation where i either shoot someone or die myself or my family dies, you can bet your ass i'm sure as hell gonna blow their head off. I'll deal with the emotional damage later, i'd rather be alive and keep my family alive so that we CAN deal with said damage than be dead and not have the chance to.

Having the ability to put a tiny piece of metal through you and kill you with the pull of my finger DOES put me in an advantageous position, regardless of how fancy you want to try to word it in the other direction.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 3:08am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh good luck with that.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 12:05pm

Style: Shotokan, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh good luck with that.

Just because you're a *****, stop assuming the rest of us are as well. If the time comes where i have to protect myself/my family and loved ones, then i will use w/e means i have available to me at the time to do what i have to do.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 3:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by proteinshakez View Post
    Just because you're a *****, stop assuming the rest of us are as well. If the time comes where i have to protect myself/my family and loved ones, then i will use w/e means i have available to me at the time to do what i have to do.
    I look forward to seeing your appearance on a late night Dave re-run of 'America's dumbest criminals'.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First Class1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 5:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm already intimidating to most LEOs being a BBM.
    big beautiful muscleman?
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast