Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 10:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yeah but you read it and responded. So, you do have time and like that wall.
    Read what?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 10:34am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
    Read what?
    Still responding and reading.

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 11:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C0WB0Y View Post
    Gun beats taser every time.
    Please have someone else make your major decisions in life, you are not very bright.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 6:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still responding and reading.
    I changed my mind. That should have been obvious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 9:00am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Not when the "gun" is still in its holster.
    I'm kinda fast.

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 10:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Fast is fine, accurate is final" Wyatt Earp

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 10:25am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
    I changed my mind. That should have been obvious.
    I know and the irony is delicious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2011 8:47am

Style: BJJ, MT, MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C0WB0Y View Post
    Funny how when they nearly electrocute me to death, they can only be charged with a misdemeanor, but if I punch a cop it goes right to felony charges.

All men are created equal... but some are more equal that others.
    It's definitely not right. If they get caught doing it they can get in a lot more trouble, they're SUPPOSED to hold themselves to a higher standard. Unfortunately that just makes some think they're better than everyone else. The felony doesn't come from punching the cop, but from punching the office they hold.

@Cowboy, here in Michigan we're required to disclose immediately if we're armed and present state ID and the CCW.

@Sgt. Rock and Team Python,I'm glad to see some more experience from the "other side of the fence" on here. Sgt. Rock I think your first post summed it up nicely. You guys both know as well as I that there are some that just should not have been given that shield, but somehow made it through.

I had a couple negative interactions with LEOs when I was young, a couple of which were my fault, a couple of which were just POS officers. I also got my badge when I was 19 and gave it up at 28, so I can say there are HUGE differences in my interactions present day. Granted I'm way more secure / confident when dealing with officers than the average person, but nowhere near the same level as when I was "one of their own". Of course, unlike most, I actually do know my rights and know to STFU, comply and call my $750 an hour attorney if things go South. With audio and video all over the place today it's not easy for inappropriate actions by anyone, hell I have an audio recorder on my cell I hit if I get stopped.

I am glad to see that I'm not alone in feeling that under normal circumstance disarming someone is not a good call. My EDC are a Glock 23 and / or (usually and) a Charter UC Lite, both chambered and neither of which have a safety other than don't pull the damn trigger. I've never been disarmed or asked to disarm during a stop, but I would if asked to. I might ask if it was really necessary and voice my opinion, but I'd definitely comply. Of course I also stay professional and polite with LEOs (hands on the steering wheel, no sudden movements etc...) and don't give them any additional reasons to consider me a danger.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/08/2011 7:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know and the irony is delicious.
    You are even more easily amused than I am.

Since this is "your lawn" and everything, can you do something about the forum stalls and error messages? I don't want to "try again later". My brilliance should not be squandered by inferior technology.

Also, postcount +1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2011 7:34pm

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by toyamabarnard View Post
    It's definitely not right. If they get caught doing it they can get in a lot more trouble, they're SUPPOSED to hold themselves to a higher standard. Unfortunately that just makes some think they're better than everyone else. The felony doesn't come from punching the cop, but from punching the office they hold.

@Cowboy, here in Michigan we're required to disclose immediately if we're armed and present state ID and the CCW.

@Sgt. Rock and Team Python,I'm glad to see some more experience from the "other side of the fence" on here. Sgt. Rock I think your first post summed it up nicely. You guys both know as well as I that there are some that just should not have been given that shield, but somehow made it through.

I had a couple negative interactions with LEOs when I was young, a couple of which were my fault, a couple of which were just POS officers. I also got my badge when I was 19 and gave it up at 28, so I can say there are HUGE differences in my interactions present day. Granted I'm way more secure / confident when dealing with officers than the average person, but nowhere near the same level as when I was "one of their own". Of course, unlike most, I actually do know my rights and know to STFU, comply and call my $750 an hour attorney if things go South. With audio and video all over the place today it's not easy for inappropriate actions by anyone, hell I have an audio recorder on my cell I hit if I get stopped.

I am glad to see that I'm not alone in feeling that under normal circumstance disarming someone is not a good call. My EDC are a Glock 23 and / or (usually and) a Charter UC Lite, both chambered and neither of which have a safety other than don't pull the damn trigger. I've never been disarmed or asked to disarm during a stop, but I would if asked to. I might ask if it was really necessary and voice my opinion, but I'd definitely comply. Of course I also stay professional and polite with LEOs (hands on the steering wheel, no sudden movements etc...) and don't give them any additional reasons to consider me a danger.

It all comes down to common sense which is one thing that not all officers have. I have worked with some idiots that have college degrees that lacked common sense. This is one thing you can not learn through books, you either have it or you don't.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast