Carl,

Following is my opinion.

You're a whore.

Pimped by a coward.

You do your students a great injustice.

Your 'karate' is probably crap.

Why?

You belong in the WJKD.

You pay for instruction and rank testing from video, from a petty sack of **** who couldn't pass his OWN test. Rather than return and retest, he chose the 'pay to play' from another outed sack of lying dog ****.

Furthering the legacy that is Carter Hargrave.

Do you douche afterward?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2011 11:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, you can learn from a book but you need to be talking about putting tens of thousands of hours into real training before you're going to properly understand it. The German Longsword style is currently in this position, since it is entirely based on 14th-16th century training manuals and I'd say that despite having hundreds of members working at it for 20+ years we still aren't necessarily looking at the same style as was taught hundreds of years before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2011 9:44pm

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by November View Post
    Yes, you can learn from a book but you need to be talking about putting tens of thousands of hours into real training before you're going to properly understand it. The German Longsword style is currently in this position, since it is entirely based on 14th-16th century training manuals and I'd say that despite having hundreds of members working at it for 20+ years we still aren't necessarily looking at the same style as was taught hundreds of years before.
    Yeah, but you're talking about resurrecting something that went extinct and books are all you have. To me that makes the efforts of WMA students laudable. If this guy wanted to learn JKD, it's out there. He can't be bothered with that and just reads books instead.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/25/2011 10:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I totally agree, I'm just talking about the quality of what you learn from books alone. WMA has had to do this because of the lack of a living tradition, but this guy doesn't have the same excuse.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567