Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/24/2011 1:49pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a karate group wants to spend some time each week doing pak sao + backfist or whatever, that's fine by me. I just wouldn't associate with Hargrave. The investigation showed his exaggerated rank claims, and his response showed his true colors.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 6:32am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again the test is the same, so in order to say you learned something from a book or a video you have to be able to demonstrate it properly, some people can do that, some can not, if you can not demonstarte it properly then you have not learned it. Also being able to demonstrate does not make one a teacher, in order to teach one must be able to break down each move so that it can be reassembled by the student, hugh difference.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 7:35am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shukocarl,

Welcome to the site.

Have you actually read the Carter Hargrave thread?

If you're ranking people under the auspices if the WJKD Federation, you're propagating the BS that is Carter Hargrave. Your students hold rank from someone who isn't what he claims. Not by a long shot.

My opinion (inserted for legal protection only) - In reality, the man's a coward and of low moral character. Are your students aware of his history?

To out his actual ability, I'd challenge Carter to a sparring session, under any rule set he chooses, but he'd only run to law enforcement and his attorney. After two email exchanges, he's labeled me a 'stalker' and threatened legal action. That's his method. You're buying into it and passing it along. Another piss in the pool so to speak.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 8:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu31s View Post
    Found this website http://tmatkaratekickboxing.webs.com/ whilst looking for a Karate club for a mate and noticed they also teach JKD. Then after doing some digging on their website I notice this:

Jeet Kune Do takes the techniques from Jun Fan Gung fu, the original style of the late martial arts master and film star Bruce Lee (Lee Jun Fan). It is a hard hitting style geared towards quick self-defence actions. The practictioners wear full body/face protection and train to have fast reactions to attacks, with powerful techniques.

Carl's experience of Jeet Kune Do/Jun Fan Gung fu comes from training in the late 70's to all the available instructional books by Bruce Lee and Dan Inosanto. He also got a small amount of training from his former instructor Mike Gregory (now a Sifu of Jeet Kune Do Concepts), attended a one day training session with Howard Williams - a former student of both Bruce and James Yimm Lee and another one day session with Dr. Leung Ting in Ving Tsun (Wing Chun) who was a classmate of Bruce Lee's in the style.

Carl continues to add to add to his JKD/Jun Fan knowledge by studying/practicing techniques from the works of Instructors: Bruce Lee, James Yimm Lee and Lamar Davis II and is currently undergoing video gradings with The World Jeet Kune Do federation in the USA led by Professor Carter Hargrave.

All of these materials (Books and DVD's) on Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do can be purchased for study and training.
    Just reread the original post.

Website linked is, at the moment, down for all intents and purposes.

Last sentence shows Carl's true character. Carter's shill.

Link that works -

http://tmatkaratekickboxing.webs.com/history.htm

Carl Jones,

Just wondering, since you're selling your book -

http://tmatkaratekickboxing.webs.com...now-available-

is Carter buying? Usual next step is to cross rank each other.

...adds to list....
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 6/25/2011 8:28am at . Reason: added links

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 8:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From your blog at

http://tmatkaratekickboxing.webs.com...6-jkd-gradings

JKD Gradings

Posted by Carl Jones on May 13, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    Congratulations to Millie, Lewis, Elliot,Sam, Bailey and Ste who all passed their JKD gradings last night. Well done!
    Oh yeah.

Another piss in the pool.

http://tmatkaratekickboxing.webs.com...0-jkd-workshop

JKD workshop

Posted by Chris Day on April 1, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    Hi Carl

Do you have the details for the JKD workshop in Nottingham on 21st May? What are the start and finish time and where is the venue?
    Hell, let's just get it all down now for the record....

http://tmatkaratekickboxing.webs.com/apps/blog/

Blog Post New Entry

3rd August 2010
    Congratulations to the members who passed gradings recently:

OLIVER - Red Belt, ANNA - Yellow Belt, BETHANY - Green Belt, CHRIS - Blue Belt, GLEN - Purple Belt, JORDAN - Purple Belt and CONNOR - BLACK BELT 1st Dan!
    Well done to everyone Jeet Kune Do: We are now weeks into the changes of the Kickboxing class, and everyone has been working hard to pick up the new methods. I know it's difficult (but hopefully enjoyable) but stick with it as it will soon become as familiar as the old system and you are practicing stuff that the legendary Bruce Lee invented/trained in!

view: full / summary Next Shukokai Grading

Posted by Carl Jones on June 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM comments (0) The next KARATE grading will be on Monday 27th June.

JKD Gradings

Posted by Carl Jones on May 13, 2011 at 5:50 PM comments (0) Congratulations to Millie, Lewis, Elliot,Sam, Bailey and Ste who all passed their JKD gradings last night. Well done!

Shukokai Grading: CONGRATULATIONS!

Posted by Carl Jones on April 4, 2011 at 3:21 PM comments (1) Congrats to the following members who passed their gradings in Shukokai Karate:
    Harry-Red Belt, Jac, Bailey, Sam, Elliot-Yellow Belts , Leah and Ethan-Orange Belts.
    Keep up the good work!:D

JKD workshop

Posted by Chris Day on April 1, 2011 at 8:20 AM comments (1) Hi Carl

Do you have the details for the JKD workshop in Nottingham on 21st May? What are the start and finish time and where is the venue?

Next SHUKOKAI KARATE Grading

Posted by Carl Jones on March 22, 2011 at 6:13 AM comments (0) The next grading in Shukokai will be on MONDAY 4th April. Don't forget your licences!

Congratulations!

Posted by Carl Jones on March 11, 2011 at 3:11 PM comments (0) Congratulations to everyone who passed their Level 3 in JKD last night!
    Anna, Charlotte, Kyle, Ryan, Joshua, Chris and Brian. Keep up the good work!
    Added to this is Jorden who passed last on the 14th. Well done.

Level 3 JKD...Passed! Fingerpost Club

Posted by Carl Jones on February 28, 2011 at 6:35 PM comments (0) I just recieved an email from Professor Carter Hargrave to say I 've passed my Level 3 Grading in JKD! I'll now get down to setting a JKD grading date for the club.
    Sadly the 'other' branch of T-Mat just hasn't taken off at all. Nobody (and I mean nobody!) has shown the slightest intrest in becoming new members there so I've told the Church to put it on hold until they have a list of at least 10 prospective members who want to train.

Recent Happenings....

Posted by Carl Jones on February 11, 2011 at 6:19 PM comments (0) I'm currently awaiting news from the U.S. re: my 3rd Level in JKD...hopefully it won't be long and successful (fingers crossed).

The other 'branch' of T-Mat is still not up and running yet, even though 500 leaflets went out in the Fingerpost area...hopefully in a week or two there will be a few students who want to learn Shukokai or Jeet Kune Do.

Sad News in the JKD world

Posted by Carl Jones on December 5, 2010 at 5:29 PM comments (0) Sifu Ted Wong passed away on Nov.24th. He had been suffering fromprostate cancer. A former private student of Bruce Lee. His death came just three days before the 70th aniversary of his teachers birthday.
    RIP Sifu Wong.

SHUKOKAI BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Posted by Carl Jones on November 13, 2010 at 5:02 AM comments (0) At long last my book SHUKOKAI KARATE-THE BASIC HANDBOOK is available. It retails at 9.99 but club members can purchase copies for 7.99 each.
    This is an overview of the style of Shukokai and has over 100 photos detailing various techniques/combinations/sparring, a brief history of the style and a detailed Japanese/English terminolgy section.

View Older Posts

Copyright 2010
    Blog Post New Entry

3rd August 2010
    Congratulations to the members who passed gradings recently:

OLIVER - Red Belt, ANNA - Yellow Belt, BETHANY - Green Belt, CHRIS - Blue Belt, GLEN - Purple Belt, JORDAN - Purple Belt and CONNOR - BLACK BELT 1st Dan!
    Well done to everyone Jeet Kune Do: We are now weeks into the changes of the Kickboxing class, and everyone has been working hard to pick up the new methods. I know it's difficult (but hopefully enjoyable) but stick with it as it will soon become as familiar as the old system and you are practicing stuff that the legendary Bruce Lee invented/trained in!

view: full / summary CONGRATULATIONS!!

Posted by Carl Jones on November 4, 2010 at 5:55 PM comments (0) The LEVEL 2 JKD Grading was excellent and congratulations to all who passed. Keep up the good work! Louise, Bethany, Anna, Jordan, Kyle, Joshua, Charlotte, Ryan, Chris, Brian all now Level 2.

JKD Level 2 Grading

Posted by Carl Jones on October 29, 2010 at 2:39 PM comments (0) The grading for Level 2 in JKD is on Thursday night at 7.15. Everyone attempting the grading please don't forget your licences and grading fees. Good Luck!
    Carl

Shukokai The Basic Handbook

Posted by Carl Jones on October 12, 2010 at 3:24 PM comments (0) Go to the gallery section to see a sneak preview of the cover of my new book which will be published soon.

JKD News

Posted by Carl Jones on October 12, 2010 at 3:22 PM comments (0) Just recieved an email to tell me that I have passed my JKD level 2 Grading from Professor Carter Hargrave! 12/10/10

Basic Shukokai Handbook

Posted by Carl Jones on October 1, 2010 at 9:00 AM comments (0) Well the book is almost done and the layout is going smoothly. It should be out next month (October). No news yet on how much it will be but I hope it will be 10 or less....look for sample pages in the photo gallery.

JKD Level 2 Syllabus/Shukokai Book

Posted by Carl Jones on September 14, 2010 at 5:27 AM comments (0) I'm starting the syllabus for the first grading in JKD this week (16th Sept).

The Photos for the Shukokai book were done recently with a professional photographer and they came out really well. Everything is at the layout stage now so it won't be long before the book is published!

View Newer Posts

Copyright 2010
    LOL

You're making rank fast. Anybody ever failed one of your JKD tests?
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 6/25/2011 8:50am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 8:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, one thing is for certain, a web master he is not!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 8:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Careful.

He has quite the chi reservoir. Might throw something our way.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2011 2:48am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Careful.

He has quite the chi reservoir. Might throw something our way.
    From my perspective there is little he or anyone else can do to me that could make things any worse.

Posted On:
    7/23/2011 9:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu31s View Post
    Can someone really be qualified to teach JKD after attending a few seminars and workshops and having read books on the subject.
    I'm sure you'll be able to "learn" something from a book, but I doubt very much that you'll be much good. Unless you have a willing partner that can train with you in learning some techniques. Of course only a skilled JDKer can tell you whether you're doing it right or wrong. That's my take!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/23/2011 10:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well he did ask "qualified to teach" and the answer is no.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast