223781 Bullies, 3378 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 64
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    6/24/2011 12:15pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shukocarl View Post
    the fact that I have affiliated to the WJKF has made me a heretic I suppose.
    No, it makes you a dupe.
  2. fights4peace is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    343

    Posted On:
    6/24/2011 12:17pm


     Style: BJJ, FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand your point but disagree with it completely. You don't have the rank to teach JKD. You can mess around with your buddies and maybe even charge a bit, but don't 'teach it'. It's like learning from Gracie Combatives and then charging people
  3. shukocarl is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8

    Posted On:
    6/24/2011 12:40pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shukokai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fights4peace View Post
    I understand your point but disagree with it completely. You don't have the rank to teach JKD. You can mess around with your buddies and maybe even charge a bit, but don't 'teach it'. It's like learning from Gracie Combatives and then charging people
    Ok thanks for your advice fellas. I'll stop charging the 1.75 for the hour (have to train in the park though!)...I'll also take that website down as people will get the wrong idea.
  4. Yamabushi7 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    38

    Posted On:
    6/24/2011 12:58pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Danzan Ryu jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Learning from a book is like a deaf man watching someone dance to music he can not hear. He maybe able to mimic the moves but he is not even aware there is more. When put to the test and the music stops he gets dropped with a hard left hook. Books I don't need no stink en books!
  5. shukocarl is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8

    Posted On:
    6/24/2011 1:07pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shukokai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amen to that bro....all martial arts books/dvds should be banned. Maybe someone could organise a mass burning somewhere, that way people (like me) wouldn't get ideas about learning stuff that I have no right to teach. People would have to seek out an instructor instead however, instructors make a lot of 's from the sale of books/dvds- so it's kind of a catch 22 situation. The only way is to have some kind of declaration in the book/on the dvd that says something along the lines of " you must only read this book/view this dvd-you must NOT practice any techniques therin".
    Only kidding fella.....
  6. shukocarl is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8

    Posted On:
    6/24/2011 1:21pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shukokai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    No, it makes you a dupe.
    Thanks mate.
  7. shukocarl is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8

    Posted On:
    6/24/2011 1:24pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shukokai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    There's a world of difference between "owning a few DVDs" and "currently undergoing video gradings with".

    Carter Hargrave has no connection with Lee, he set up his numerous federations in a cynical attempt to cash in of Lee's fame.

    Not only that, but he patently teaches fucking bullshit, is a notorious self publicist, is constantly threatening spurious legal action and has attempted to defame detractors by trying to pass off blatantly self written articles as fact.

    The man is a joke in the MA world, and an utter douchebag to boot. If you are "well aware" of these things and yet choose to continue your association, that's hardly a good reflection on your character.
    Thanks for the advice mate.
  8. shukocarl is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8

    Posted On:
    6/24/2011 1:30pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shukokai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fights4peace View Post
    I don't want to come across as rude, as you are apparently a legitimate Karate instructor (for what that's worth) but you have no business teaching JKD, at all.
    Thanks mate. I guess I should hang up my gi now as I'm a Karate Instructor (for what that's worth - probably nowt to anyone on this thread)...
    and sorry to have offended anyone here - I better go and hang myself with my black belt for being 'one' .
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    6/24/2011 1:41pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shukocarl View Post
    Ok thanks for your advice fellas. I'll stop charging the 1.75 for the hour (have to train in the park though!)...I'll also take that website down as people will get the wrong idea.
    This is the same argument people use in America. It is called the "not for profit," "I teach for free," or "I teach the underprivileged" excuse.

    Please remember, just because it is commendable it doesn't make the reason ethical or correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by shukocarl View Post
    Amen to that bro....all martial arts books/dvds should be banned. Maybe someone could organise a mass burning somewhere, that way people (like me) wouldn't get ideas about learning stuff that I have no right to teach. People would have to seek out an instructor instead however, instructors make a lot of 's from the sale of books/dvds- so it's kind of a catch 22 situation. The only way is to have some kind of declaration in the book/on the dvd that says something along the lines of " you must only read this book/view this dvd-you must NOT practice any techniques therin".
    Only kidding fella.....
    Oh look a straw-man.
  10. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    6/24/2011 1:47pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shukocarl View Post
    Thanks for the advice mate.
    It's offered freely, without malice. Either take it, or don't.

    But whatever you choose to do, do it quietly, because what you're doing right now is being a condescending fucking arsehole.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 6/24/2011 1:49pm at . Reason: changed insult to be more accurate.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.