Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 5:07pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ninjutsu looks.... fun

Well today I found out a friend does ninjutsu. Of course I myself have taken part in Ninjutsu bashing online here but in real life we all behave differently. I didn't start armbaring him to show Judo was superior or anything or harping on about the importance of aliveness during training - I did make sure he didn't think he was some sort of superhero that was invincible in a street fight - and he seemed to be suffering no such delusions .
    However lets face it for self defense all martial arts are pretty much useless for self defense these days as you'll just get shot or stabbed in most violent confrontations, and apart fromm that they are just used to kick the crap out of each other in a sports setting (mma) or show off on the internet how great your martial art is - which is just vanity and ego really. Which is all very well but it does mean at the end of the day apart from pedalogical (education and way of life) and fitness reasons theres only one real reason for doing martial arts and that is - fun.
    I have to admit my friends activities ,jumping around the forest, sneaking up on each other and attacking and so forth each other did sound like ... well kind of fun.
    I'm not going to give up Judo and BJJ just yet but you know - in a weird kind of way it makes Ninjutsu superior to many other serious , macho kinds of things.
    Last edited by Gustard; 6/22/2011 5:47pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 5:16pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Systema was like that. It was way fun. It was like recess for adults. It was just annoying when people took it so seriously or thought that they could beat up anyone.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 5:18pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to call a bunch of friends, get some beer, and just play hide and seek? Why do we stop doing this when we become adults? I could definitely get in on a good game of hide and seek.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 5:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustard View Post
    However lets face it for self defense all martial arts are pretty much useless these days as you'll just get shot or stabbed in most violent confrontations,
    If this statement was 100% true then many people, myself included, would have been dead several times over.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 5:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to call a bunch of friends, get some beer, and just play hide and seek? Why do we stop doing this when we become adults? I could definitely get in on a good game of hide and seek.
    Hmmm good point - its really good fun. kick the bottle, headhunter and best of all British bulldogs are still fun even when you become an adult.
    Last edited by Gustard; 6/22/2011 5:39pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 5:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    If this statement was 100% true then many people, myself included, would have been dead several times over.
    Well you might be one of those few people who need martial arts for their day job , like a doorman or something, but for the vast majority of people violent encounters are very rare and can usually be avoided. (unless you're the one of those unusual breed who does martial arts just so he can break peoples arms in barfights and still somehow not feel embarrased or ashamed ).
    Most robberies involve weapons and your generally better off just handing over the money. i agree its good to have something to fall back on but the chances of needing to use it once all safer alternatives have been exauhsted are minute.
    Last edited by Gustard; 6/22/2011 5:35pm at .

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 5:39pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... someone watched Penn and Tellers 'Bullshit' show didn't they?

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 6:01pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    I think it might be because, as adults, we discover sex.

Or, alternatively, Dungeons & Dragons.

And for the happy few... BOTH!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 6:05pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a myth that people who play D&D are uglier and less sexually active than people who don't play D&D.

That being said, Ninjitsu looks like a great time, and all adults need well deserved recess breaks.

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 6:12pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    It's a myth that people who play D&D are uglier and less sexually active than people who don't play D&D.

That being said, Ninjitsu looks like a great time, and all adults need well deserved recess breaks.
    I feel the same way about "Grav" or however you spell it.

:tongue:
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast