Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 3:17pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shorter? Wow, that amazes me. Well, first off you may want to switch to twin foot control where your heels actually dig into the back. Second, do you use your hands to control the heel? Third, what are your fall back submissions and/or how do they escape?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 3:24pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Shorter? Wow, that amazes me. Well, first off you may want to switch to twin foot control where your heels actually dig into the back. Second, do you use your hands to control the heel? Third, what are your fall back submissions and/or how do they escape?
    Yes, shorter, I am 6'3'', so almost everyone at my gym has shorter legs than me, could be completely coincidence, I think it's because I'm doing it wrong. I usually try to control the knee with my hands while I'm going over, then I usually have one hand on the heel, and the other on the lower calf, i have no reason for this, just where my hands end up most of the time. My fall back moves are usually to lock down the knee and try for the straight ankle lock, or to try and re-establish some control over their hips and try to scramble to N/S or side control

Edit:
    Also, they tend to either roll out of the kneebar position once their hips are out, or they stack me and try to kneeride their way out of it, or, and this is the most effective one I've seen them do, they get their hip out, slightly rotate, and somehow manage to to pull their leg out completely while sprawling over top of me, if i hold on to their leg, then it ends up being the stack/kneeride thing.
    Last edited by Zerstörer90; 6/22/2011 3:31pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 3:35pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokikai90 View Post
    Yes, shorter, I am 6'3'', so almost everyone at my gym has shorter legs than me, could be completely coincidence, I think it's because I'm doing it wrong. I usually try to control the knee with my hands while I'm going over, then I usually have one hand on the heel, and the other on the lower calf, i have no reason for this, just where my hands end up most of the time. My fall back moves are usually to lock down the knee and try for the straight ankle lock, or to try and re-establish some control over their hips and try to scramble to N/S or side control
    Okay, a few things the arm controlling the foot should be the outside arm; left arm wrapping the left foot. Two, use the crook of your elbow rather than your hand to vice the Achilles tendon. Then when you go to secure take your other hand and cup the heel.

Lastly make sure to try to have the toes close to your head so that you may try to restrict the movement using your head. In other words go deep. If you have his foot on your chest you need completely different leverage and it's easier to get out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 3:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Okay, a few things the arm controlling the foot should be the outside arm; left arm wrapping the left foot. Two, use the crook of your elbow rather than your hand to vice the Achilles tendon. Then when you go to secure take your other hand and cup the heel.

Lastly make sure to try to have the toes close to your head so that you may try to restrict the movement using your head. In other words go deep. If you have his foot on your chest you need completely different leverage and it's easier to get out.
    Thanks, i'm positive that using my head will help out with controlling the foot and i'll change up my hand positioning. I'll work on it tonight in class. I appreciate the advice. Thanks Omega.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12