Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 3:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD guy falls through Dojo window.

years ago, I took this class in which we sparred "Stand-up", which was our version sparring with TKD chest pads and boxing gloves. Speed and force was used 100% but ofcourse with the gloves and big ol chest guards, we weren't necessarily killing each other in there.

The mat that covered most the entire room ended about 2 feet before the walls around the room. people would put their shoes, bags, drinks etc on the sides of the mat.

We did this tournament-style sparring session in which everyone gets off the mat except 2 participants. they spar for 5 minutes and another 2 go after.

guy1 throws a kick, guy2 takes a step back and trips over one of the gym bags on the corner onf the mat. he falls right through Sabunim's office window, a full size window about the same size as a door frame, 1 foot from the ground.

Guy2 cut his leg up so bad he was rushed to the hospital and was out for a few months. came back with a hideous scar that ran the length of his leg and a lifetime of free training.

I'da sued.
    Last edited by GIburner; 6/27/2011 3:43pm at .

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 4:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIburner View Post
    TKD guy falls through Dojo window.

years ago, I took this class in which we sparred "Stand-up", which was our version sparring with TKD chest pads and boxing gloves. Speed and force was used 100% but ofcourse with the gloves and big ol chest guards, we weren't necessarily killing each other in there.

The mat that covered most the entire room ended about 2 feet before the walls around the room. people would put their shoes, bags, drinks etc on the sides of the mat.

We did this tournament-style sparring session in which everyone gets off the mat except 2 participants. they spar for 5 minutes and another 2 go after.

guy1 throws a kick, guy2 takes a step back and trips over one of the gym bags on the corner onf the mat. he falls right through Sabunim's office window, a full size window about the same size as a door frame, 1 foot from the ground.

Guy2 cut his leg up so bad he was rushed to the hospital and was out for a few months. came back with a hideous scar that ran the length of his leg and a lifetime of free training.

I'da sued.
    Or at least tried to wrangle a couple more stripes on your belt out of it...? :)

(yaknow, so you can be all like "you've got a degree? so what? I've got *four*!" and show them ur belt)

As I was reading that, I was actually expecting it to end with the guy falling out of a 3rd story window...

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least when people ask about his hideous scar, he can just say "karate..." and stare off at the moon coldly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 4:41pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At a toruney around the early 90's, there was a guy who everyone was nutriding that, upon re-sheathing his sword, slid it directly through his palm. The schmuck was using a live blade at an "open" karate tourney during the weapons kata. He was supposed to be some stud national champion caliber guy, but looked like a total noob after he did that.

In the school, the worst I have seen is a pair of fractured zygomatic bones. My Dad was the one with the broken bones. He could blow his nose and air would go under the skin next to his nose. It would slowly seep back out after a few minutes. He was the recipient and I was the donor. Crazy, freak accident.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 4:54pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    At a tourney around the early 90's, there was a guy who everyone was nutriding that, upon re-sheathing his sword, slid it directly through his palm. The schmuck was using a live blade at an "open" karate tourney during the weapons kata. He was supposed to be some stud national champion caliber guy, but looked like a total noob after he did that.
    How do you do that?

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 5:02pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    At a toruney around the early 90's, there was a guy who everyone was nutriding that, upon re-sheathing his sword, slid it directly through his palm. The schmuck was using a live blade at an "open" karate tourney during the weapons kata. He was supposed to be some stud national champion caliber guy, but looked like a total noob after he did that.

In the school, the worst I have seen is a pair of fractured zygomatic bones. My Dad was the one with the broken bones. He could blow his nose and air would go under the skin next to his nose. It would slowly seep back out after a few minutes. He was the recipient and I was the donor. Crazy, freak accident.
    In case you haven't already seen it...

http://www.bullshido.org/Don_Rice

I can visualize how you might come to accidentally sheath a sword in your hand - but in your *forearm*? I can't get my head around what this fellow was trying to do...

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 5:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    (yaknow, so you can be all like "you've got a degree? so what? I've got *four*!" and show them ur belt)
    Foot Fist Way, yeh! I was literally just looking for that line on youtube to post on Judoforum, lol!

The 'distracting backfist, that's the key' has become a cult insider joke at my Judo club.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 5:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Foot Fist Way, yeh! I was literally just looking for that line on youtube to post on Judoforum, lol!

The 'distracting backfist, that's the key' has become a cult insider joke at my Judo club.
    It was on TV last week. First time I'd seen it. I probably wouldn't have found it funny before I started lurking here and read about all the strange characters that the martial arts seem to attract (wonder if the writers have been on here?)...

What was your interpretation of the ending, btw? I thought it was a case of the guy realizing that budo (or however it's said in Korean) > everything else in life. Was reading some reviews and comments online afterwards and a lot of people seemed to find that quite pathetic...
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 6/27/2011 5:13pm at .

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 5:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    It was on TV last week. First time I'd seen it. I probably wouldn't have found it funny before I started lurking here and read about all the strange characters that the martial arts seem to attract (wonder if the writers have been on here?)...
    I think I actually saw clips of it on bullshido and found the dvd on Amazon for like a quid fifty. Its made even funnier by the fact we have a douche pretty much exactly like him as the TKD president on campus.

He genuinely believes that if you practice hard enough you can condition your toes to pierce through a persons cheek, I'm not shitting you.

He also is a fat load who wears shades and his gi whilst the TKD club are doing demos, he just kind of stands in the corner, arms folded trying to look like a badass. The only thing that distinguishes him from Steven Seagal is that he's blonde and his shades aren't yellow.

Its amazing I couldn't have invented a bigger stereotypical TKD bellend if I tried.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 5:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I think I actually saw clips of it on bullshido and found the dvd on Amazon for like a quid fifty. Its made even funnier by the fact we have a douche pretty much exactly like him as the TKD president on campus.

He genuinely believes that if you practice hard enough you can condition your toes to pierce through a persons cheek, I'm not shitting you.

He also is a fat load who wears shades and his gi whilst the TKD club are doing demos, he just kind of stands in the corner, arms folded trying to look like a badass. The only thing that distinguishes him from Steven Seagal is that he's blonde and his shades aren't yellow.

Its amazing I couldn't have invented a bigger stereotypical TKD bellend if I tried.
    Does he also have a moustache? Or wear his blackbelt with his street pants?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast