Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 10:55pm

Style: Shotokan, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't..i don't even have anything close to beating the ball accidents...for some reason when i read the word scrotum and i see anything having to do with bleeding or cuts after it, i cringe. Probably because i took a pointed swinging door to the nut tube and have my left nut permanently turned a bit and occasionally have it have horrible pain and weird discomfort -_-

Anyways i think the worst thing I MYSELF did to anyone was back when i was hardcore into mah shotokanz (as in being one of the only people in the school that actually trained OUT of the school as well, to the point of actually being..you know..competent in it lol). Anyways my ex best friend (that's another story for another day) at the time had been going to college at John Caroll in Cleveland Ohio (not sure why that matters). He had been part of a "karate club" there and had a TKD guy (this guy was beyond bad, not even flashy effective in form only TKD guys, i'm talking about blocking with your palm facing the opponent in a circular fashion not just while training or for kata, but in ACTUAL self defense situations).

My friend had been going to the shotokan school as long as i had, and when i went to that class, the shitty instructor actually asked me to step off to the side because i was "showing off" too much (as in i was doing everything he wanted everyone to do, except doing it without sucking).

My ex friend then suggested we show some 3 step sparring (the most simple and basic form of "sparring" you can do lol, white belt level new person to class type **** level stuff) to the class. The instructor wanted me to do it since i was clearly the only person there besides my friend (lol or so i thought) who knew what they were doing.

So i get in my deep exaggerated front stance, ready to kill. He stands in his "relaxed" stance, and he wispers "go as fast as you can", i say "ok". I throw a punch he blocks, i throw another punch he blocks, on the last punch for WHATEVER reason he decided to do the HORRIBLY shitty "round palm up" block that the shitty instructor had been teaching these people. I saw the block coming and fortunately for my friend i didn't follow through all the way with the punch, because i threw it as hard as i possibly could. The result was his forearm stopping this punch...and him dropping to the ground in horrible pain grasping it.

The way this looked, if any of you have ever seen street fighter alpha the movie, where Ryu fights that android thing, and he punches it in a typical karate stance with that huge punch, everything stops, and then that circle of dust and wind come out of the ground from around them, i swear to god that's what this punch felt like.

After he dropped we of course went to check on him, he thought his forearm was snapped. After a trip to the hospital, the doctor said that apparently somehow i had broken the bone directly in the middle of his forearm, to the point that a chip of it was floating around in there, with the rest ready to crack clean in half if they didn't fix him up (as in he not do anything with it, let it heal).

Anyways the point of that overly long story was, worst thing i've done myself was almost snap my ex friends forearm clean in half because he decided to use an even shittier version of a shitty block that people do in training :)

EDIT: Oh i also remember one time in our dojo one of our guys was testing for his black belt. The black belt he was sparring at the time was alot better than most of the people in there. The good black belt went to throw a side kick at the guy testing, and for w/e reason, the tester thought it'd be smart to try to duck this kick and ended up eating it right in the throat (like blade of foot to adams apple in the throat).

About a minute of gasping for air and screaming later the guy was fine....i think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 2:14am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So far, just my ACL getting torn because I was a dumbass and fought when I wasn't well enough to, and I didn't snap my kick back to re-chamber it... my leg got caught, I lost my balance, things kind of went to the side and there was a feeling of tension and then a loud POP and a scream which turned out to be me screaming. Class kind of ended right there. :p

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 2:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    Fix'd
    Just Kidding

I've landed squarely on my head from Ippon Seoinage. That was unpleasant.
    No Im not, Its Gay.

Secret message in here somewhere.
    rabble rabble

Don't judge me because I like silk pajamas:Determined:

Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I saw a woman get hit in the face with the blade of one of these:

A big dude was doing a form, and he hit her on some kind of backswing. It made a loud bang and she dropped right to the ground. Fortunately, it hit her with the flat of the blade so it wasn't too bad, but we were all really worried.
    If I absolutely have to die a violent and bloody death I want it be by this.

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 3:02am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In a local competition (so not training) I saw some guy get his nuts shoved up into his pelvis or something. The girl (his opponent) had tried an uchi mata. He fell down and seemed to pass out, because the ref walked over slapped in on the face gently, pat his crotch (inb4 gay old man), and then proceeded to do that indian-sit-ball-drop thing from the back of the Judo Book by Kano.

That and I dislocated a kids knee in practice from a misplaced mat-edge and a shitty osotogari.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 5:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vlad View Post
    There's one for the Darwin awards!
    Word on that. Boneless should submit that to the Darwinwards.com 'personal accounts' section. I'm pretty confident that his tale would get featured...

As for Vlad's hanbo impalement - how on earth did the thing manage to go though and come out the other side without being covered in blood/goo/bits of flesh? Truly bizarre.
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 6/23/2011 5:59pm at .

Posted On:
    6/23/2011 7:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw a guy land on someone's knee with his chest cracking his sternum.
    That was surprisingly loud.

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 10:39am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guy got hit with a kick in the hand with and his finger got dislocated and was horribly bent. Wouldn't leave class. Just stood on the side wincing. Wanted me to pull on it and fix it. I said no way. Cops who showed up to take a class never came back.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 10:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamabushi7 View Post
    You guys are great you make me hurt just reading these so I will share a couple of mine. in 1985- or 86 I was working out with Sifu Anthony Morgon (Wingchundo.com)learning stick take away. He took my stick away and broke my two front teeth with the stick. The second was a couple years ago at Medford Judo when we were doing a drill with me on my back and Sensei Jessie Ellis using a shinai hit me as I was evading the shinai and broke my left thumb. Anthony Morgon is a student of Sijo James Demile a direct student of Bruce Lee and one tuff SOB.
    He hit you with a shinai ? LOL, what kind of drill was that?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 10:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched a guy get his knee bent 180 degrees at a Judo shiai (I think it was the Houston Open back in the 1985/6?). The kicker was, he had had knee surgury and done the full rehab/recover cycle. His foot was facing the wrong way.

The way he was doing Judo, it's no wonder he hurt it the first and second time.

Ben
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 3:18pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting hit with a shinai isn't all that uncommon in Kyokushin, if they're being old school about it.
    There's even a kata that's all about focus where they beat the **** out of you with a shinai while they're testing you on it, and smack you in the ass too.
    If you use your safeword, you fail the ranking.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast