Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 10:21am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinaboxer_Will View Post
    Did I ever claim I studied Chinese medicine? (The answer would be no, so there goes the strawman)
    And he never claimed you studied it either, he said stop talking about it like you know it. You truly suck at this.

The only information I have about Zhong I practices is what they tell me when I visit them. I live in Taiwan, and it's about 3 times cheaper to visit a zhong i as opposed to a western clinic here (1000 yuan as opposed to 3500 yuan). And it's not like a zhong I is uncommon here, anyways.
    So you don't know what you're talking about. Your just regurgitating your understanding.

And please, you really don't need Google to come up with this information. I take it you are familiar with the term "Swau I Tong chuan" right? Common term here. "Chi bu liao" or "Chi bu swuin hwan" - Common term/saying here. (Forgive me for the translations, but this keyboard can't do Chinese).

To say that I have no competence in Chinese medicine would not be incorrect. To say that I am making **** up is some what ignorant, seeing as I grew up in an area where it had just as much impact as any western medicine.
    Don't put words in his text. He didn't say you don't have competence, or making **** up. With your own words though I personally think you're full of **** now.

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 10:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, make of me what you will. I'm not here to boost my internet ego, anyways.

However, calling me out to be full of **** when I've already made it clear that I am not some sort of expert in this field is redundant, isn't it?

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 11:04am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, make of me what you will. I'm not here to boost my internet ego, anyways.

However, calling me out to be full of **** when I've already made it clear that I am not some sort of expert in this field is redundant, isn't it?
    Think about it and stop being an idiot.

To say that I have no competence in Chinese medicine would not be incorrect. To say that I am making **** up is some what ignorant, seeing as I grew up in an area where it had just as much impact as any western medicine.
    Just because you grew up in Hollywood doesn't make you a movie star, Staying at a Shaolin temple does not make you experienced in wu shu, and growing up in your area does not knowledgeable. Like I said you're full of ****.

IMO you are twisting words because of your own personal insecurities so don't spout out to me about not needing the boost in your internet ego.

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 11:20am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol, I will take this as a bullshido welcome. :P

To clarify, I am not a practitioner/expert/ect of Chinese medicine. I know of/about chinese medicine only by visiting the zhong i. I am repeating what I know based off what they have told me and the culture of growing up there.

And I am full of ****...How?

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 11:28am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol, I will take this as a bullshido welcome. :P

To clarify, I am not a practitioner/expert/ect of Chinese medicine. I know of/about chinese medicine only by visiting the zhong i. I am repeating what I know based off what they have told me and the culture of growing up there.

And I am full of ****...How?
    Learn to separate:

So you don't know what you're talking about. Your just regurgitating your understanding.
    To say that I have no competence in Chinese medicine would not be incorrect. To say that I am making **** up is some what ignorant
    He did not say that. You said it. Then you went back on it, now you're back there again. Make up your fucking mi....never mind, this is to be expected by a wing chun practitioner.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 11:30am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The minute you used an appeal to authority, based on race, we all knew you were inexperienced.

A little learning is a dangerous thing;
    drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
    there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
    and drinking largely sobers us again.--Alexander Pope.
    ^^^This is you.

Stop being RIGHT and learn something new.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 2:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I do not have direct experience about anything, I would lead into any conversation stating that I have been exposed to but not formally trained in something.

you chimed in and posted rather specific information as if you have had enough personal and professional experience to make such remarks.

You came off sounding like an expert with what you mentioned.

I just graduated with my MAOM (Masters of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) and I will be licensed to practice Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine in late March in Massachusetts.

So when made your remarks, it was obvious that you were not talking from a professional nor edified position on what you were pontificating.

Being honest and upfront will take you many places.
    Last edited by Mor Sao; 2/23/2012 2:17pm at .

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 7:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the thing Dale, I've never been anything but honest here.

Did I ever say that I was a professional here? No. In fact, the entire point on the point chinese medicine was to justify why I think philosophies such as blood and circulation would apply to concepts such as chi. (I've had zhong I tell me that the problem was in the circulation, and they referred to it as my chi being unable to flow. Whether this information is accurate, I do not know. Nor do I claim to know). Sure, I may have been a bit offended when you said that I simply googled this information, so my post may have been excessive.

Nevertheless, I was not accusing you of anything (I even admitted to my incompetence in the subject).

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 10:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let it go.

You are the only one using logical fallacies in this current discussion. No one said anything about being a professional or claimed you studied Chinese medicine. Those are red herrings. Being a professional or studying has nothing to do with his point. He is saying you do not know what you are talking about.

That is it.
    You then created an imaginary argument out of a few words he said. That's the real straw-man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 11:25pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Has anybody else felt the other kind I mentioned, in a wrestling/push hands context ?
    I have also felt this from a bunch of good tai chi guys. In fact, if they can't launch you 10-20 feet, or launch you straight up into the air, or knock you straight down to the ground like the floor had been removed from underneath you, I'd say they are not that good of an Internal Martial Artist.

All my good teachers could launch me quite easily ... but I would definitely not say it is anything magical or crazy.

It is just good alignment, timing, mechanics, and mind-body coordination.

There is some speculation I've heard from teachers on the use of "chi" ... but all my best teachers (including very traditional Chinese guys) make the disclaimer that chi is a map to the concept, not necessarily a physical aspect of the martial art / human body itself.

Like, I don't think, in the way I've experienced this, that it was some magical life force energy that was moving me (though sometimes I've gotten tingles / goosebumps from a good push or hit).