Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: kinda new here

Style
    BJJ and being beaten up
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

kinda new here

how goes it peoples? i am a nobody, who specializes in BJJ. I only got my blue belt with 4 stripes, but if things keep going well i should have my purple by september. it's been a long time coming.
    I just took a semester of Modern Arnis, and the bujinkan, and i was not really impressed by either. modern arnis wasn't bad, but all we learned was forms and i'm not a form guy. you know I've read tons of **** about the bujinkan, and it was all pretty much on the money. everybody in my bujinkan class was nice, however, they couldn't have fought their way out of a paper bag. I'm not starting with the ninjers, i'm just stating my opinion.
    i like shooting my pistol as well, and am at best a novice/beginner. i am nothing special all around however i live my life the best i can. just giving my hello to bullshido. dig in people

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizitch71717 View Post
    how goes it peoples? i am a nobody, who specializes in BJJ. I only got my blue belt with 4 stripes, but if things keep going well i should have my purple by september. it's been a long time coming.
    I just took a semester of Modern Arnis, and the bujinkan, and i was not really impressed by either. modern arnis wasn't bad, but all we learned was forms and i'm not a form guy. you know I've read tons of **** about the bujinkan, and it was all pretty much on the money. everybody in my bujinkan class was nice, however, they couldn't have fought their way out of a paper bag. I'm not starting with the ninjers, i'm just stating my opinion.
    i like shooting my pistol as well, and am at best a novice/beginner. i am nothing special all around however i live my life the best i can. just giving my hello to bullshido. dig in people
    Welcome to Bullshido, mate.

As a point of interest, where do you train now? And how long did you train in BJJ until you got your blue belt?
    Also, you've been lurking for two years, why make a noob thread now?

Also, a peice of personal advice: it's hard to take anyone seriously when they're not at least attempting to use correct grammar. Capital letters after full stops when starting a new scentence. :)

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Style
    BJJ and being beaten up
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train at the Toledo Jiu-Jitsu center under Chris Blanke. He is one of Saulo and Xande Ribeiro's right hand men. I actually got my blue belt from Saulo after a year of training there. i should've had my purple belt about 5 years ago but, long story short, I don't. Now I'm busting ass in order to try to get it.
    I am generally an observer and like to hear what other people have to say. And in all honesty, I really feel I do not know that much about martial arts and systems, so I try to keep my mouth shut.
    Oh and on the grammar thing, I will correct my further usage. I work with grammatical structure all the time (I speak fluent German, which I learned), and the interwebs is generally the only place I don't worry about it. Anyhow, have a good day

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't doubting you knew how to use grammar ;)

None of us really know much about MA, so feel welcome to join in converstations where you feel like it.
    I wish you luck with your purple belt.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Style
    MMA and Luta Livre noob
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey. I, too, speak fluent German. It's one of the few upsides of... well, being a German, really.

Anyway, good luck with your purple belt.

Style
    'Grapplin'
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia View Post
    I wasn't doubting you knew how to use grammar ;)

None of us really know much about MA, so feel welcome to join in converstations where you feel like it.
    I wish you luck with your purple belt.
    Modern Arnis? or Martial arts? If its the first, then yeah, read an article about it years ago but dont know much, so id love to hear more. If however you meant the second, that was some Grade A sarcasm.

Style
    BJJ and being beaten up
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    woher kommst du?

Style
    MMA and Luta Livre noob
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ich vermute, dass das an mich gerichtet ist? Momentan wohne ich in Würzburg (Bayern), davor hab ich ein paar Jahre in Berlin gewohnt und davor in einer winzigen Stadt in Sachsen-Anhalt, falls dir das was sagt :P

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Ich vermute, dass das an mich gerichtet ist? Momentan wohne ich in Würzburg (Bayern), davor hab ich ein paar Jahre in Berlin gewohnt und davor in einer winzigen Stadt in Sachsen-Anhalt, falls dir das was sagt :P

Wie krass!

ICH bin aus Würzburg!
    Lebe zwar mittlerweile den Großteil des Jahres in Madrid,
    aber da bin ich großgeworden, und alles!
    Laß mal auf 'n Bierchen treffen, oder so!

Style
    MMA and Luta Livre noob
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Wie krass!

ICH bin aus Würzburg!
    Lebe zwar mittlerweile den Großteil des Jahres in Madrid,
    aber da bin ich großgeworden, und alles!
    Laß mal auf 'n Bierchen treffen, oder so!
    Eh, lustig :D. Wie klein die Welt doch sein kann. Hast du in Wü auch Muay Thai trainiert? Falls ja, wo?

Das mit dem Bierchen lässt sich auf jeden Fall einrichten (wenn ich dafür nicht nach Madrid kommen muss...)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last