Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 2:23am

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Competing at 8 Years of Age

Link: http://www.news.ninemsn.com.au/natio...ckboxing-fight

Summary: Girl raised by a matial art enthusiast starts sparring in matches in Queensland, Australia by the time she was eight. This led to numerous criticism (see the comments made by users)although her father insists that her girl has made the right choice...what do you guys and gals think think?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 3:02am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Classic case of a pushy parent.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 3:22am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fucking EL O EL at people in australia, one of the leading nations when it comes to kids being fucked up and getting spinal/brain injuries playing league and rugby, to get pissy about two girls getting in the ring.

seriously. you want to see kids getting owned? go watch a league game. kickboxing is 100x safer than that crazy ****.

and you know what, **** them for trying to give John Wayne Parr bad press. that guy is the single greatest sportsman to come out of that cesspool of whores and crims known as australia, and gets hardly any recognition. having met the guy and talked to him in person and online a few times, he is really one of the single most pleasant people ive ever met. while the big aussie sports like aussie rules and league have an ongoing parade of fuckwits gangbanging groupies, beating up their girlfriends and getting in barfights. **** you australia!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 3:30am

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ty5 View Post
    Classic case of a pushy parent.
    Really??? Do you say this about all parents who let their kids play contact sports?? or maybe only the girls parents?. What about those kids who play rugby? or those who play some version of scrag in the playground?What about Judo where the kids throw each other?.

The kids were wearing headgear,shin pads (i assume mouthguards) and did you see the size of the gloves? The only reason theres any kind of media outrage is because its a small GIRL hitting another small GIRL in a sport thats not hugely popular (on the scale of say cricket or rugby)and the dad is an ex world champ.

edit:second what alex said.The guy has been to my club too and is awesome.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex, tell us how you really feel :)

I'm very protective over my daughter but she attends a kids' kickboxing class and I'd let her spar in the way shown in the video as long as she wanted to, and as long as I was confident the referee was alert.

I know this is anecdotal, but I've attended local kickboxing competitions with kids' divisions about as rough as this, and the only time I've seen the children upset is when their pride is hurt because they lost. I didn't seem them getting injured or mentally traumatised by other kids swinging at them.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 6:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhil889 View Post
    Really??? Do you say this about all parents who let their kids play contact sports?? or maybe only the girls parents?. What about those kids who play rugby? or those who play some version of scrag in the playground?What about Judo where the kids throw each other?.
    I would say that about any parent if their child was crying during the rest breaks of their chosen sport, not a good sign really is it?

Children under 10 more or less idolise their parents and will do a lot to please them, so a parent has to be very careful that what they are doing is really the childs choice and by their over enthusiasm they are not pushing the child into doing something they are not really comfortable doing, that goes for any activity or sport, I am not singling this one out.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 6:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh **** off. i used to cry before i ran my races (was a pretty top level national runner back in my day) and its just how kids deal with stress. did you watch the video? she was pretty excited about fighting. JWP isnt the kind of dude who would force his kids into a sport they didnt want to do. plus, his wife would smoke his ass if he did. shes a mean lady.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 6:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yer **** you too, that is my opinon, personally I would not put put my kid through that level of stress at that age, but different parents have different views and it is their right to do what they think best.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 6:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this pretty much sums it up:

her career

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 7:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ty5 View Post
    Yer **** you too, that is my opinon, personally I would not put put my kid through that level of stress at that age, but different parents have different views and it is their right to do what they think best.
    and thats why your kids will be pussies
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast