Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567
  1. #61
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shotfghter View Post
    I know we're super serious on the subject of Self defense in regards to the Law Enforcement and Corrections fields, But I would also like to throw in Security Guards also must possess knowledge and are grossly under trained.

    I know what you're thinking, "Security guards? Bunch of losers who sit around and watch stuff all day". You're 90% right. The other 10% can be in very stressful situations like hospitals, or large events.
    When I was a security guard, I was never trained to physically encounter someone at all. I worked one job at events and one as a patrol driver for a different company. Neither job ever required me to get physical with anyone. I guess that makes me part of the 90%. Security training was more about what you weren't supposed to do than it was about what you were supposed to do.

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indio, Ca.
    Posts
    320
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    When I was a security guard, I was never trained to physically encounter someone at all. I worked one job at events and one as a patrol driver for a different company. Neither job ever required me to get physical with anyone. I guess that makes me part of the 90%. Security training was more about what you weren't supposed to do than it was about what you were supposed to do.

    That is the one thing about security training in California there is no Defensive Tactics training required by BSIS. I have done training for security personnel on topics such as handcuffing, ground control, empty hand had defense/offense. Basically what I teach to LEO's minus the firearms.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    192
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    When I was a security guard, I was never trained to physically encounter someone at all. I worked one job at events and one as a patrol driver for a different company. Neither job ever required me to get physical with anyone. I guess that makes me part of the 90%. Security training was more about what you weren't supposed to do than it was about what you were supposed to do.
    I completely understand what you mean, No one wants a lawsuit.

    I worked in a hospital, It got physical quite often. It was OK to restrain people as long as they were placed under our watch by a doctor.

    RSBD can have serious problems is all I'm saying.

  4. #64
    dwkfym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    2,020
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think permalost meant that in a cynical way
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

  5. #65
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh, I meant it in a neutral way. I wasn't trained to engage people and I didn't have to. The worst I've had to do is yell at some people. Mostly my cynicism is towards (usually fat) guys that talk about their security job like they're some kind of commando killing machine that have to fight knife and gun wielding gangs. I've heard it online and real life.

  6. #66
    dwkfym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    2,020
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    have you heard the story of the real mall ninjas? they all be SWAT and ****
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

  7. #67
    Colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    3,121
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO