Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2011 10:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    I have arguments all the time with various individuals that teach knife fighting or RBSD martial arts. The first thing I ask them is if they spar with what they teach. I usually get an answer that there techniques are too deadly to spar with. That is a big clue fucking for me right there that they don't know if there **** will actually work.
    Granted the proper safety measures are taken, can such techniques exist?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2011 11:12pm

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARPAChief View Post
    Granted the proper safety measures are taken, can such techniques exist?
    Well according to them I guess so. The only things I can see being a problem would be hitting the throat or nuts while sparring but you really don't need to spar with those techniques to know if they would work because I know that striking these areas will have an affect. However you can simulate those ares by hitting the inside of legs or striking the upper chest area right beloow the throat. If you can strike these areas then you know you can strike the real targets, i.e. throat and balls.
    Last edited by Team Python; 6/19/2011 11:16pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2011 11:26pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well according to them I guess so. The only things I can see being a problem would be hitting the throat or nuts while sparring but you really don't need to spar with those techniques to know if they would work because I know that striking these areas will have an affect. However you can simulate those ares by hitting the inside of legs or striking the upper chest area right below the throat. If you can strike these areas then you know you can strike the real targets, i.e. throat and balls.
    If you don't mind me asking, what about things like spine locks, neck cranks and the like? A lot of grappling arts ban those outright, and some techniques, like the neck break, are not taught by any legitimate school due to the fact that it is downright impossible to safely practice it.

For things like throat and crotch shots, heavy padding, like a Redman suit will allow you to safely strike those areas, but there are very few, if no ways to safely attack the spine.

P.S: I believe things that can't be practiced, such as the neck break are idiotic and shouldn't be bothered with in the first place.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2011 11:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what about things like spine locks, neck cranks and the like? A lot of grappling arts ban those outright, and some techniques, like the neck break, are not taught by any legitimate school due to the fact that it is downright impossible to safely practice it.

For things like throat and crotch shots, heavy padding, like a Redman suit will allow you to safely strike those areas, but there are very few, if no ways to safely attack the spine.

P.S: I believe things that can't be practiced, such as the neck break are idiotic and shouldn't be bothered with in the first place.

I do show neck cranks to my students and I do apply them while sparring but I use caution when applying the pressure and go slow for the tap. I don't allow white belts to use them just like I don't allow them to use heel hooks either. However they are taught these techniques but are not allowed to use them while sparring.

I agree that neck cranks are dangerous and you could kill or seriously maim someone but so is me showing someone to cut the throat with a knife but yet I still show it to people during my knife classes.

I don't hold back on techniques because they are dangerous. **** that is why we train because one day we might have to seriously hurt someone during a fight for our life.
    Last edited by Team Python; 6/19/2011 11:37pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 8:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't hold back on techniques because they are dangerous. **** that is why we train because one day we might have to seriously hurt someone during a fight for our life.
    I agree with that statement. I was just asking about your (as an instructor) position on safety while demonstrating certain techniques.

Obviously, there are so many styles out there that are too deadly to spar with (and therefore too deadly to practice).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 8:26am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    I agree with that statement. I was just asking about your (as an instructor) position on safety while demonstrating certain techniques.

Obviously, there are so many styles out there that are too deadly to spar with (and therefore too deadly to practice).

Such as?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 8:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    [/B]

Such as?
    Obviously, many of the RBSD courses offered by the experts in the OP are too deadly to spar with.

Or so they say.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 8:59am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That must be it. The interesting question is "If you havnt sparred with it, how do you know it works?".I wonder how many of them will say that regularly use "teh deadly" in "tha streetz".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 9:05am

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Such as this

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 12:33pm

--