Sponsored Links Spacer Image

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 2:35am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Skeptical science is hack advocacy. Almost all of your sources are pop science magazines and newspapers.

I can source my assertion that it hasn't been warming for 16 years with peer reviewed academic research. For example, from the University of Alabama at Hunstville.

Your attempt to whitewish Trenberth's private admission is feeble.

You're using JohnnyCache as a scientific source? Wow.

Ah, do you now concede that you've never had research published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal? Why did you give the answer 'forensics' when I questioned you on it before ?

What's your definition of a scientist ?

Right in this thread.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch...07128-p-6.html

When did you know him? How did you meet ?

Because you appeared to imply before that you didn't think increasing temperatures were actually necessary to validate the AGW hypothesis. And now you won't answer this perfectly simple question.
    The UA/H climate change program is run by John Cristy, who is a famous fence-sitter on climate change. He most definitely believes climate change is real and human driven, his disagreement with the mainstream regards the severity and rate of change.

In his own words, my bolding added:

"
    In a 2003 interview with National Public Radio about the 2003 American Geophysical Union (AGU) statement, he said he is "a strong critic of scientists who make catastrophic predictions of huge increases in global temperatures and tremendous rises in sea levels". He added, though, that "it is scientifically inconceivable that after changing forests into cities, turning millions of acres into irrigated farmland, putting massive quantities of soot and dust into the air, and putting extra greenhouse gases into the air, that the natural course of climate has not changed in some way."[7]

In a 2009 interview with Fortune Magazine about signing the 2003 American Geophysical Union (AGU) statement, he said: "As far as the AGU, I thought that was a fine statement because it did not put forth a magnitude of the warming. We just said that human effects have a warming influence, and that's certainly true. There was nothing about disaster or catastrophe. In fact, I was very upset about the latest AGU statement [in 2007]. It was about alarmist as you can get." [9]"
    So your strongest anti-CC sources so far have been 1)mueller, a guy who was on the fence and has come down with the consensus since this thread started and 2) Christy, A guy who says it is happening, but disagrees tangentially with the consensus regarding the severity and cost/benefit ratio of mitigation proposals. (He could be right - climate systems are pretty fucking complicated, and we're limited by historical datasets and moore's law. He could also be wrong by the same margin as those he's criticizing, though)

Your scientific sources "against" human caused warming keep turning out to be people who say warming is real and human caused. Please tell me that calls something into question for you.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 1:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCache
    I know this graph doesn't show warming but the guy who runs the team that collected is still sure that whilst my own position is alarmist there's probably some unquantified effect from human action. I'm going to seize on that quote from a radio interview to try and justify my earlier bullshit about it getting hotter
    Johnny, why do you believe you can refute data by posting the opinions of somebody involved with the programme that collected it?

You cannot. That you don't understand this speaks volumes about why you're still peddling this nonsense. You still think this is about taking a vote, don't you? You still think you can settle scientific debates by ranting about the other sides funding sources (often inaccurately, and whilst ignoring large conflicts of interest on your own side). You can't.

You're trying to ignore the data and create a soap opera about personalities and popularity of opinions.

If I'm emotionally attached to anything, I'm emotionally attached to the truth, and I'm really fucking tired of listening to waves of pseudo-radicalised badly informed people like you try to browbeat people into accepting suicidal economic burdens they haven't thought through on the basis of a scientific hypothesis that keeps demonstrably making predictions that are falsified by real world data. It's absurd. I don't care how many people you can find who agree with you.

I'll ask you again:

Give me a temperature prediction you're willing to bet on.
    Last edited by Cullion; 12/18/2012 1:54pm at .
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 2:50pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're trying to ignore the data and create a soap opera about personalities and popularity of opinions.
    BUAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA you're such a fucking obvious irony troll it's pathetic, Mr. "Public Rape".

You get almost ALL of your "science" from graphs you've copied from AGW denial blogs and other obviously biased sites, something anyone can trace back themselves using reverse image searches if they choose to waste time on your nonsense. It's clear to me where you spend your time on the internet.

Like I keep saying don't try to be the poster child for rationalism and scientific method in this thread. You failed at that hundreds of posts ago.

Carry on with your mental masturbation. The winning move with a bigot like you is not to play your game, Archie.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/18/2012 3:04pm at .

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 3:08pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    BUAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA you're such a fucking obvious irony troll it's pathetic, Mr. "Public Rape".

You get almost ALL of your "science" from graphs you've copied from AGW denial blogs and other obviously biased sites, something anyone can trace back themselves using reverse image searches if they choose to waste time on your nonsense.
    Ah such a quick tear-streaked return after your ragequit. You must have a crush on me.

If you weren't a delusional idiot you'd realise that the site a graph was posted on isn't a refutation of the graph itself. There are many, many ways you can view the UAH data and they all say the same thing. You just tried to dispute that by saying 'but somebody else who doesn't agree with me posted it on their website!', which is a glowing testament to just how fucking dumb you are and why it was so glaringly obvious that you were never a real scientist.

You, however, are still in the comedy club for inventing a past as a scientist until you answer the following questions:-

i) In which scientific journals were your peer-reviewed papers published ?

ii) Do you agree with the hypothesis that increasing atmospheric CO2 concentration leads to higher global average temperatures?
    Last edited by Cullion; 12/18/2012 3:19pm at .

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 3:21pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I almost forgot unless we pass Cullion's made-up litmus tests or follow his red herrings, we can't comment on his absolute foolishness.

Nope it won't save your arguments, since you've backpedaled and contradicted yourself throughout the thread.

And please, pardon the dramatics. Sometimes a pseudo scientific moron like you breaks my sarcasm meter so bad I really go overboard.

You'll note you "ragequit" this thread for a good portion of a year before you returned to troll further. By comparison my "ragequit" was a relatively short performance.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/18/2012 3:27pm at .

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 3:23pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not 'us', it's specifically you, because you've been caught bullshitting about scientific credentials in this very thread.

I never quit in rage. I never sent a flurry of silly PMs begging people not to keep questioning me about my publication record in case my super-secret employers stopped me posting on Bullshido. That's you. And it's comedy gold.

And now you think you can refute the UAH temperature graph by reference to who else it is cited by.

Yeah, you're in way over your head here.
    Last edited by Cullion; 12/18/2012 3:30pm at .

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 3:28pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not 'us', it's specifically you, because you've been caught bullshitting about scientific credentials in this very thread.
    Nope. My work is just privately funded and you have a hard time believing it because you're a dense British clod.

Apparently you don't even know the difference between pure and applied sciences, odd for something with a supposed Masters (which you haven't proven you have, so it's odd you brought that up). Maybe you're just bluffing.

Like I said, these are all red herrings because you failed to prove any of your own points. You keep trying to disprove "mine" (really NASA's and Nature's and others on whom I rely for analysis) and I'm not biting which frustrates you to no end.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/18/2012 3:32pm at .

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 3:34pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Nope. My work is just privately funded and you have a hard time believing it because you're a dense British clod.
    I don't believe your work is published in any scientific journal applying a rigorous peer-review process. You have lied about this, and you know it. You are not a scientist. I knew you weren't a scientist from the moment you mentioned it because it's obvious you're too stupid to have completed an advanced course of scientific study at any reputable research-degree awarding institution. Painfully obvious.

You also keep ducking this question:

Do you agree with the following hypothesis:-

As CO2 concentration in the atmosophere increases, so will global average temperature.

?

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 3:36pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never quit in rage.
    Neither did I, did I. Like I said, dense.

I never sent a flurry of silly PMs begging people not to keep questioning me about my publication record in case my super-secret employers stopped me posting on Bullshido. That's you. And it's comedy gold.
    It's funny a supposed scientist and engineer, you have no professional courtesy at all, leading me to believe you actually flip burgers and take orders.

And now you think you can refute the UAH temperature graph by reference to who else it is cited by.
    Nope I can refute everything you say because you're a backpedaling twat.

Yeah, you're in way over your head here.
    Says the guy who can't stop posting to defend HIS assertions.

HAHAHAHHAHHHAA you're a funny guy when I imagine you in Eric Idle's voice. Pure silliness.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 3:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't back-pedalled once in this thread. Nobody is going to be deflected from your outing over your invented scientific credentials.

You still haven't answered a very, very simple question about your understanding of our climate.

Do you expect global average temperatures to increase as CO2 concentration rises in the atmosphere, yes or no ?

I <3 Sirc.