Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 1516171824 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 12:30am

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cullion you're just butthurt no one believes your bullshit.

This is Bullshido, you should know better.

Find another sucker to sing your song and dance to. Sociocide perhaps?
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/09/2012 12:35am at . Reason: buuuuurn

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 12:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    or he could watch 100 videos like this showing empirical evidence of CO2 being a greenhouse gas

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 12:35am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    or this

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 12:39am

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He didn't read any of the sources I just posted before he commented on them (and so obviously hung himself multiple times)..."fake bluff about the inner workings" of his government...he's obviously on some sort of strong liquor.

...he's sure as hell not going to watch actual science videos, because they don't serve his ulterior purpose, which is to be annoying.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 3:56am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    What debate?

He is claiming the very concept behind greenhouse gasses is false despite the fact that we have a clear understanding of how they work.

He could go and get a bottle of CO2 fill an air tight but clear vessel. Put it out in the sun for the day. Come back the next day and take a temperature reading of the ambient air and the air inside the vessel and notice that the air in the vessel is a bit warmer.
    No, that's very ignorant and very wrong. If we could model the climate by simplistically extrapolating from that experiment it would already be much hotter. This was tried in the 19th century. The real climate involves a complex interlocking of feedback systems that make it extremely hard to predict the effect of c02 on global average temperature and that is why the model predictions keep being wrong about the temperature
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 3:59am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    He didn't read any of the sources I just posted before he commented on them (and so obviously hung himself multiple times)..."fake bluff about the inner workings" of his government...he's obviously on some sort of strong liquor.

...he's sure as hell not going to watch actual science videos, because they don't serve his ulterior purpose, which is to be annoying.
    I've already dealt with your snippets from sources like the bbc, you still haven't answered my question. Have you abandoned the hypothesis that global avg.temperature increases in line with co2 or not? It's a very straightforward question.

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 4:02am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    No, that's very ignorant and very wrong. If we could model the climate by simplistically extrapolating from that experiment it would already be much hotter. This was tried in the 19th century. The real climate involves a complex interlocking of feedback systems that make it extremely hard to predict the effect of c02 on global average temperature and that is why the model predictions keep being wrong about the temperature
    This is where you are both right and wrong.
    It is very difficult to get an exact temperature because many factors effect well beyond the extra heat that is retained by CO2. Also predicting what the concentration of CO2 in ppm will be as part of the molding is very difficult.
    However to write off the effect of CO2 because the models haven't been perfected is just damn silly. It is clear that a world with a higher concentration of CO2 in its atmosphere is going to be hotter than one with out with everything else being equal.

CO2 is far from the only factor, it however is a factor. This has been proven beyond any sort of reasonable doubt and can be replicated.

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 4:07am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I've already dealt with your snippets from sources like the bbc, you still haven't answered my question. Have you abandoned the hypothesis that global avg.temperature increases in line with co2 or not? It's a very straightforward question.
    They do, but it is a complex system so today isn't necessarily going to be hotter than yesterday just because today's CO2 PPM is a few points higher. This is where all that statistical data comes in. When you review the long term data is where you can see the trend.

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 4:09am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!

This simple graph shows the upward slope of temperatures overall as the correlate with CO2 levels. The variance you see in temperatures from year to year has to do with all the other factors that make our global average temperature.

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 4:12am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    This is where you are both right and wrong.
    It is very difficult to get an exact temperature because many factors effect well beyond the extra heat that is retained by CO2. Also predicting what the concentration of CO2 in ppm will be as part of the molding is very difficult.
    However to write off the effect of CO2 because the models haven't been perfected is just damn silly. It is clear that a world with a higher concentration of CO2 in its atmosphere is going to be hotter than one with out with everything else being equal.

CO2 is far from the only factor, it however is a factor. This has been proven beyond any sort of reasonable doubt and can be replicated.
    The exact effect on the real climate cannot be replicated because if that were so we'd have models that were, amongst other things, able to predict the current absence of warming. It's wildly unscientific to have a theory's key prediction fail and then insist that ones future predictions will be sound.

I <3 Sirc.