Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2012 3:49pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K, since this appears to be a designated Cho's Taekwondo thread, I'm gonna go ahead and necro it.

I've done several years with Cho's taekwondo, and I have to say that my experience has differed a lot from yours:

I've been to a couple of clubs where sparring has been a been a big focus. And I do mean hard, full contact sparring. They were very well stocked for it, as well.

The class ratios and demographics were similar, but the instructors were always willing to answer questions and give personal instruction if you asked them. For the most part they were pretty cool guys and actually maintained their fitness and flexibility.
    My current instructor, and as far as I know, Cho, Ameris and the other higher-ups are very much supportive of cross-training. Sometimes we even allow grappling during sparring sessions.

Just wanted to point out some of the more positive aspects that I've seen in Cho's. Clearly the organisation varies a whole lot, but thankfully it's not all as bad as the OP's experience.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/09/2012 4:18pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have nothing but good things to say about Grandmaster Cho's organization. That's what TKD should be.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12