LOL... :)

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 9:41pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I for one appreciate you showing up on this thread. I don't know if you realize how groundbreaking this is; for seven years, I've been trying to find physical evidence of ninjutsu folks sparring, and this is pretty much the first time.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 9:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    I for one appreciate you showing up on this thread. I don't know if you realize how groundbreaking this is; for seven years, I've been trying to find physical evidence of ninjutsu folks sparring, and this is pretty much the first time.
    Thanks man. Well I have been sparring ever since I did karate and kung fu as a kid. I just brought it with me as I got older. What most people don't know is that randori (drills progressive resistance/sparring etc. Aliveness) was always a part of traditional japanese arts. Hatsumi used to do it as did his teacher takamatsu! And there are many people in the Bujinkan that do and that cross train!

There are a TON of people in the Bujinkan, and quality control is a mess... And many of them well... Anyway yeah I understand the average person lumping us all together because thats what you see out here, but rest assured that there are those of us who do our best to REALLY try to develop the ABILITY to perform this art under pressure. they are out there.. ;)

Cheers!

-Rick

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Since life on Earth evolved out of the oceans, I'm pretty sure the fish did it first.
    What the **** wrabbit... you are getting lazy or stupid or something.. Birds are the modern day ancestors of dinosaurs. Turning evolution into a chicken or egg question returns the answer of egg, not chicken.

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 10:07pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RRWAA View Post
    Hi Guys,

I posted the videos on youtube. Sorry you don't think they are too good. I would like to ask you to remember that these are just students training and yes, they are making mistakes no doubt. I hope it didn't seem like we were trying to show the "ultimate seioi nage" or something :) And while some of you may not be happy with their skill level, remember at least they are trying and are working on it.

In the seioi nage video the student with the slighter build has VERY little training in throws in general. The other student is more "teaching" as they go along. It is a very casual and light training and not full out randori, in fact this is what we call level 1 randori which is one step up from prearranged form training.

We are all open to constructive criticism. Anyone have any tips on how we can improve?

lastly I understand that so many people in the Bujinkan organization are just silly, but to be fair you do get that in all organizations. But please understand that not everyone is the same and a lot of us have backgrounds that may surprise you... My dojo always sparred (coming from a JKD background) I have taught sparring in Bujinkan since I started in it in the early 1980's.

And the socks? They are called Tabi (Ta-bee) and we cannot be Ninja without them! They give us magic powers and really help us with our disappearing! :) I thought you guys would know that! ;)

Cheers!
    -Rick
    Holee Crap! I'm really glad I subscribed. This was a constructive post. I think if you stick around you'll find Bullshido folks will have plenty of advice on training Alive.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 10:12pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    This is bullshit, we cant have logical Ninja's on this site training alive and defending their art articulately thus bringing credibility to the booj. I refuse to except this. Who are we going to make fun of on youtube?
    There will always be Chun. If we lose Chun, we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    What the **** wrabbit... you are getting lazy or stupid or something.. Birds are the modern day ancestors of dinosaurs. Turning evolution into a chicken or egg question returns the answer of egg, not chicken.
    Modern day ancestors?

The rest of your post was quite incomprehensible because I'm so focused on the sparring Boojkin, so yeah I'm going to fall on the side of lazy for now and not write anything further.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 10:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Holee Crap! I'm really glad I subscribed. This was a constructive post. I think if you stick around you'll find Bullshido folks will have plenty of advice on training Alive.
    Hey! yeah I have been alive training all my life! :) But I am a sponge and open to learn from anyone. I almost was kicked out of the Bujinkan many years ago by certain people who didn't like what I had to say about alive training. I have been preaching alive training in the Bujinkan since I have been online maybe 1996? Like I said I am a very long time practitioner of JKD and even have someone teaching it at my academy! For me Ninpo and alive training go hand in hand..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 10:43pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're probably one of the few real ninja out there.

Are you participating in Modesto, CA's ninja parade this year?

http://www.theonion.com/video/ninja-...nce-aga,14181/

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ROFL wrabbit my gaffe was worse than yours.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 10:58pm

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RRWAA View Post
    Hey! yeah I have been alive training all my life! :) But I am a sponge and open to learn from anyone. I almost was kicked out of the Bujinkan many years ago by certain people who didn't like what I had to say about alive training. I have been preaching alive training in the Bujinkan since I have been online maybe 1996? Like I said I am a very long time practitioner of JKD and even have someone teaching it at my academy! For me Ninpo and alive training go hand in hand..
    Ain't you just a peach?

No really, this is the most productive/intelligent discussion I have seen on here from a Booj guy. (not counting our own Shinbushi of course)

I am in the Bujinkan, and my membership is active, although I am not actively training under anyone right now since the closest place is 6 hours from here. So instead I am exclusively training in Judo and loving it.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast