Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 7:48pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you come from a JKD background, why did you downgrade?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 7:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    If you come from a JKD background, why did you downgrade?
    Hi Big Mike, I don't consider it a downgrade..

-Rick

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 7:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Rick, why?

No seriously, if you've read the whole thread, you may have seen when I support this quite unusual move in the right direction for the Booj.

So why do you prefer it?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 8:08pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    Hi Rick, why?

No seriously, if you've read the whole thread, you may have seen when I support this quite unusual move in the right direction for the Booj.

So why do you prefer it?
    Hi again Mike.

well for me, what I enjoyed the most with jkd, was the training methods and bruce and dan's philosophy. Bruces original art was as you may know very simple (not easy to do at a high level but simple) dan's JKD conceptual expression of seeing the similarities in all arts was something I loved and it really helped me to go through that process.

I find ninpo has a lot in common with kali and silat and I believe it is because of the blade. of course Ninpo has a lot in common with judo because our ninpo is a mix of ju jutsu and other arts.

Anyway, I prefer it for many reasons, I love using and studying anicent japanese weapons (even though I'll never use them in my life I HOPE!) I think it's a blast! I love the conceptual ideas, the culture and history, the meditative side etc...

JKD was fine for part of what I was interested in, but lacked other things I enjoyed....

I actually have an old student teaching JKD and BJJ at my school! I think it's a valuable study. I am personally over that phase of my development, but I think its a great art and experience!

There comes a time when you go deep enough in your art that you realize everything you need is there. People have two arms and two legs ya know? Ninpo has everything JKD had...

And besides, Ninja's are freaking cool! Who doesn't want to be a Ninja!??? ;)

Cheers!

-Rick

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 8:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that has to be the most honest and decent statement concerning Ninjutsu from a Ninja i've ever seen.

You didnt use the words deadly or lethal.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 8:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another thing to remember (in terms of this general thread) is that different people train for different reasons. Some people may be timid, may need to be slowly brought into more intense training. And may NEVER want to get too intense. As a teacher I need to respect what my STUDENTS want from training and not try to impose what I like on to them... Also someone with a year or less in training may need to be brought up slowly, just pushing their comfort zone, in a few more years if you build them up an their confidence you may have a very hard core guy! If you push too soon, you may push them right out the door...

-Rick

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 8:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why thanks Big Mike! I appreciate it. And yeah.. I didn't want to come off too strongly at first.. ;)
    Peace!

-Rick
    Last edited by RRWAA; 6/16/2011 8:38pm at . Reason: misspelled word

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 8:42pm

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is bullshit, we cant have logical Ninja's on this site training alive and defending their art articulately thus bringing credibility to the booj. I refuse to except this. Who are we going to make fun of on youtube?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 8:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    This is bullshit, we cant have logical Ninja's on this site training alive and defending their art articulately thus bringing credibility to the booj. I refuse to except this. Who are we going to make fun of on youtube?
    ROFLMAO! thanks man...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 8:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    Nah bro. Read it, its like he's their messiah, he doesnt get defensive, in fact he didnt even defend the art, just his choice.

He ....didnt ....even ....say...deadly. Mind blown.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast