Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 3:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    This is the truth. Even I rated the thread 5 stars. You should be happy Rick.

You just haven't gotten used to my style of troll busting yet ^_-
    That was me paraphrasing the mental thoughts that led to your post. I'm just giving you rope, mate.

(You'll notice that I left the link to the quote intact so people could read your whole post I am responding to, anyway - so you can hardly call it malapropism.)
    Nah man, I am not up on all that, at this point I am not sure if you are calling me a troll or just playing with me for your own amusement. In any case...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 3:17am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RRWAA View Post
    Nah man, I am not up on all that, at this point I am not sure if you are calling me a troll or just playing with me for your own amusement. In any case...
    No, you've totally got the wrong impression. Its just a simple test to see how far the rabbit hole goes , blue pill, red pill and such. Again, I cannot impress on you how important this thread actually is of evidence of "Aliveness" in Booj.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 3:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No reply on this??

So, this was posted by LINDZ as an example of "actual" randori. Not like the silly "ninja-wannabe-larping" "randori" that we do... Please look at the video and remember these people do JUDO, all their training is JUDO it is what they do. They should be VERY good at it because it is all they do right? Lets look..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T57xC...embedded#at=79

Ok now some videos of my students you will see 9th kyus, 4th kyus and a third kyu. In our Dojo 3rd kyu is at LEAST two years from black belt btw... Our students divide their time training with striking, throwing, groundfighting, a long list of traditional japanese weapons, sword, kata, individual technique practice, cultural study, environmental training and scenario training and other things. The POINT is that throwing is NOT all they study, but just a SMALL section. Compare their skill (and as is said in the videos they are going easy and it's NOT full out randori) and then look at the pros above, and tell me there is a huge gap in what we do and what you see here...

First video is LIMITED sparring (we do this to focus on specific tools, we do all in as well of course) It is jab, cross, front kick. I know the Judo people above are not allowed to punch, but still we will start with this one... Please NOTICE no one is "giving anyone anything, no one is holding their arm out etc...

Jab VS jab etc.. again, Please NOTICE no one is "giving anyone anything, no one is holding their arm out etc...

Some throwing LEVEL 1 Randori looks pretty much like the Judo video above in terms of "intensity" and while I am not thrilled with some of the throws I seen again this is a small part of what they do and it still is VERY close to the "correct-Judo-Randori" above..

Lets start with that.. :)

With that what else can I add really? People will believe what they want and that's that...

I am not big on forums these days guys. I have a very busy life and this has already taken too much of my time.

If anyone needs anything PM me, or email me rick.ray.ma@gmail.

Tired good night folks..

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 3:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    No, you've totally got the wrong impression. Its just a simple test to see how far the rabbit hole goes , blue pill, red pill and such. Again, I cannot impress on you how important this thread actually is of evidence of "Aliveness" in Booj.
    Ok, I will accept that. I am glad then that maybe something good has come from it. but alas, I don't do well on forums, much more a face to face kind of guy. You cheeky monkeys are giving this old man a headache.. ;)

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 6:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sir I find the tone and wordage your using offensive.
    That was not even close to being offensive you fucking *****...
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 6/18/2011 6:10am at .

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 6:19am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some throwing LEVEL 1 Randori looks pretty much like the Judo video above in terms of "intensity" and while I am not thrilled with some of the throws I seen again this is a small part of what they do and it still is VERY close to the "correct-Judo-Randori" above..
    No, because the intensity is irrelevant.

It looks nothing like the Judo video, because the Judo video contains spontaneous action and reaction.

What you're doing is not Judo style randori, what you're doing is nage komi... throwing practice.

Like I said, you missed the point.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 6/18/2011 6:25am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 10:41am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the senior members here weed out trolls by trolling? I don't understand how Colin isn't considered a troll when he uses abusive language to try and degenerate the argument. There is a very strong group sway on this site and when someone doesn't conform to what we expect them to be we try to goad them into it in order to confirm our expectations.

RRWAA, sorry if you feel you got sucked into this conversation. Your presence here has been eye opening. I realize you may not be used to posting on forums, but you handle yourself quite well. You can't respond to every single person who challenges you, but it is good to respond to a couple, especially those that are respectful or bring up new points.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 1:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    Could be, a lot of Americans have a hard on for swearing though, older ones usually.
    it's true. **** those guys, though. they can kiss my fucking ass if they have a problem with swearing. maybe it's a new york city thing, but i like swearing.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 1:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No reply on this??

First video is LIMITED sparring (we do this to focus on specific tools, we do all in as well of course) It is jab, cross, front kick. I know the Judo people above are not allowed to punch, but still we will start with this one... Please NOTICE no one is "giving anyone anything, no one is holding their arm out etc...
    Why not compare striking to striking?

searched youtube for boxing sparring. found this

and you see 2 people moving around and actually hitting each other instead of tentative shuffling and lightly tapping with their gloves. So i'd say your stuff is a step in the right direction. but only a step

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 1:25pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No reply on this??

If anyone needs anything PM me, or email me rick.ray.ma@gmail.

Tired good night folks..
    Lol. Nice one. Complain people aren't responding to you and then quit the internet so that people can't respond to you.

You 'randori' video, wasn't randori just really shitty nagekomi.
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast