Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 2:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    Got to agree there. Dont have to be a top notch fighter to make a Grade A coach/instructor.
    What you are saying is different than what she said.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 2:45am

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xstyle View Post
    I recently found a video where it looks like the ninjers are attempting to do randori (emphasis on 'attempting'). Maybe they have been live training this whole time in secrecy! (since they are masters of stealth and deception).

Looks like this one has been leaked!

Can't wait to see Hatsumi's secrect randori and sparring sessions!
    We spent a chunk of time on defending against throws. To recognize one, you had to know how to do it. I read RRWAA's comments; however, this video reminded me of that training. We didn't call it randori, nor was anything done other than those throws, to get a feel for them.
    Wouldn't call them secret, either. You could film ten Booj schools and see something different in each one. This kind of training could be done more often, in order to teach more familiarity with stuff you might see out in the real world.
    Evolutionary, um, depends on whom you are talking about. There are lots of teachers who were taught to do everything hard, with power, by other teachers. Most of them have not had contact with anyone who trains regularly in Japan. There is more emphasis on taking the opponent's balance, rather than pounding on him when your wrist/elbow lock fails.

Registered Member

Posted On:

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RRWAA View Post
    Oh, you were questioning her ability to judge the training, or her ability to judge your ability to train your students?

I get it.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have trained since 1972, I have taught since 1991. My experience is pretty vast. When I am being told by someone how what we are doing isn't good or wrong or whatever, I like to know what THAT person is capable of. It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and say whatever you want, but if your going to put down me, my art and my students, you need to show me something.. But either way, show me or not is showing me, thanks..
    I can respect that, and in the spirit of this, I can show you the guys from my club, too.
    Obviously this is competition, and not randori. Sorry, it's the best I can do right now.

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 2:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She
    <--
    is not me

I is a he. now back to regularly scheduled bickering

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 2:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    We're not in Japan, dickwad. We are on the internet, speaking english, in a forum for english speakers - Google the word randori and see how many of those hits are Judo.

I'm not saying that booj randori is not randori according to a japanese cultural expression of the word.

I'm saying that if you're talking about randori on this forum, owing to the VERY large number of judo, jujutsu, and aikido practitioners here, we're not expecting you to attach the word bujinkan.

That being said - who cares what is called, really? That's a semantic argument with no winner or loser.

For what it's worth, I think your contributions have been pretty valuable, but I'm still not going to call what they are doing 'randori' even if they call it that.

Was calling me a name like a child necessary? Really? From your profile pic, you appear to be an older man, I would hope you expect more from yourself. here is no need to be crude and or rude... You can get your point across without stooping to high school level antics yeah?

Now, it is not my fault that you or others do not understand the word you are so attached to or have such a strong opinion about. My definition of randori is NOT a "Bujinkan" translation. It is the usage of the word! I am using the word correctly, YOU are not. *I* did not bring my video here, one of you guys did to make fun of it! LOL!

Now I assume, by randori YOU mean sparring I have provided proof of that as well! I am not sure what has you all worked up other than just a bull headed bias. I am honestly not concerned with you becoming a "fan" of what we do. Somehow, I am sure we will be just fine. This whole hatred and bias some of you have about this is TRULY just silly....

Cheers

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 2:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    Oh, you were questioning her ability to judge the training, or her ability to judge your ability to train your students?

I get it.
    LOL! I don't even know anymore! LOL! uhmm yes? ;)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 2:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    She
    <--
    is not me

I is a he. now back to regularly scheduled bickering
    Yikes! Man, I'm sorry dude, didn't know... I thought that LINDZ may have had something to do with Linda and with the pic.. My bad.. :(

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 2:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I can respect that, and in the spirit of this, I can show you the guys from my club, too.
    Obviously this is competition, and not randori. Sorry, it's the best I can do right now.

Thanks, it's apples and oranges as you know, but nice video anyway. Thanks.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 2:56am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was calling me a name like a child necessary? Really?
    Neccessary? I don't know about that but there was definitely a purpose to it. It's to see how much your opinion is obscured when someone calls you a name.

The fact that you get uppity about that without responding to anything else i have said tells me tons about your personality.

Therefore maybe you think it's silly to throw a word like that in, but your emotionally charged responses suggest you might be a little sensitive to name calling.

Whether this is true or not, your reaction makes it look like lots of people you know call you names, and have been doing so for a long time.

Ps: it's pretty funny to think of me as an older man, I think you're probably older than me. I'm 31.
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 ... LastLast