Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Sprawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I just did a clinic addressing this. It starts about the 1:16 time here:

Omega, same apology to you that I gave to Permalost and Jnp, had some weird issues with responding to posts.

So what I was seeing in the video, couldn't really here what you were saying because of the music, were you sprawling on an angle and using the elbow across the neck/shoulders to divert the shoot? From what I've seen in UFC of fast shoots, that's a far from simple maneuver to accomplish.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kdawgious View Post
    Omega, same apology to you that I gave to Permalost and Jnp, had some weird issues with responding to posts.

So what I was seeing in the video, couldn't really here what you were saying because of the music, were you sprawling on an angle and using the elbow across the neck/shoulders to divert the shoot? From what I've seen in UFC of fast shoots, that's a far from simple maneuver to accomplish.
    Elbow-No, I use my forearm. Use your hips to drive into the person. The more solid your hips are during a shoot the easier it is to control you. You have to shift your hips and use your hips to parry the momentum.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting, that sounds a lot like a drill we do with regards to counter attacking against a jab. Driving inside the jab and shifting the attackers body to the side. Similar principle or over simplified?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You might be oversimplifying it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    You might be oversimplifying it.
    I kind of figured that, I need to find a good MMA/grappling gym so I can actually understand what you guys are telling me.

Page 2 of 2 First 12