Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 1:33am

Style: ex-Chunner, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    I bet the OP's school has some sort of equipment, like a pull-up bar or weights.
    School just ended.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 11:25pm

Style: Weightlifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are serious about getting bigger, buy some more weight or join a gym.

Otherwise it aint going to happen

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/17/2011 12:00am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/17/2011 1:52am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    I'll bite on this Alex.

I'm a pretty skinny guy too. I see this "Milk & Squats" advice a lot on here, but never with the the claim that the bicep curls are pointless at this stage.

How so? Is it that the boy needs to build up a certain level of mass generally before you can pile it onto certain areas? Or do you just mean he shouldn't be worrying about his biceps if his body is weak because those biceps on a weak body would be pointless?
    guy i work with has fucking big biceps. you know what he does for them? squats and deadlifts and bench. someone asked me recently how i had bulked so much recently especially in the arms. my response? squats and deads and bench. and milk.

how often do you see someone with out of proportion big arms? apart from the situation from jersey shore, where roids are involved, and maybe a FEW people who are just weirdly put together cos god was drunk that day, none. he can curl til his arms fall off but if hes a skinny ****, he will have skinny **** arms. he wants big arms? get bigger. he wants to get bigger? do squats.

i suppose he can do bicep curls if he wants, its relevance to his progress will be almost nil though.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 11:13am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    he wants big arms? get bigger.
    This is priceless advice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 11:36pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    guy i work with has fucking big biceps. you know what he does for them? squats and deadlifts and bench. someone asked me recently how i had bulked so much recently especially in the arms. my response? squats and deads and bench. and milk.

how often do you see someone with out of proportion big arms? apart from the situation from jersey shore, where roids are involved, and maybe a FEW people who are just weirdly put together cos god was drunk that day, none. he can curl til his arms fall off but if hes a skinny ****, he will have skinny **** arms. he wants big arms? get bigger. he wants to get bigger? do squats.

i suppose he can do bicep curls if he wants, its relevance to his progress will be almost nil though.
    This guy you work with wouldn't happen to be Maori, Tongan or Samoan right? LOL because the normal laws of weight training don't apply to them.
    Last edited by edselaquino; 6/20/2011 11:36pm at . Reason: spelling.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKKK47 View Post
    If you want biceps as big as coconuts do chinups and/or pullups (chinups work better for biceps appearance, but pullups make better functional arms)
    Just look at the biceps of gymnasts, these guys don't lift any iron in their training. and their biceps are like ostrich eggs

also if you do pullups, soon you'll grow lats like wings. lats grow faster than any other muscle in my experience.
    STFU, you're spreading retard all over the internet.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/22/2011 11:14am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKKK47 View Post
    If you want biceps as big as coconuts do chinups and/or pullups (chinups work better for biceps appearance, but pullups make better functional arms)
    Just look at the biceps of gymnasts, these guys don't lift any iron in their training. and their biceps are like ostrich eggs

also if you do pullups, soon you'll grow lats like wings. lats grow faster than any other muscle in my experience.
    When did gymnasts stop weight training with "Iron?"
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123