My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 10:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Elbow to the nose during the ‘elbow show’ grip break and or Makikomi attempt.

As Coach Josh says uppercut with the lapel hand on the gi is a good one

Throwing someone off the mat or into chairs/bins/ a wall.

When you’re applying a Koshi jime/ Clock choke with your hand controlling their opposite side forearm. Circle round and at the point where you’ve bent their head down to their shoulder and your body obscures the view slip your hand on the forearm through and tap the mat really hard and quick. Ref will think it’s your opponent tapping and give you the score.

Throwing the arm over the top with simultaneous headbutt.
    At the US Open one year, I watched a guy get thrown into the electronic scoreboard. The victim was a hugely fat judoka who despite his 30% body fat was very fast. He had won 2 0r 3 matches by basically doing fat boy makikomi and crunching ribs. His first two opponents got carried off the mat.

The next guy was Russian. He outgripped fat boy and ran him to the edge of the mat, applied some sort of ashi waza and hopped in right into the score board. Fat boy was injured. Russian won match.

Judo justice in action..

One of my coaches would pin me with say, Kami Shiho Gatame, and if I didn't try to escape with enough vigor, he would bounce his chin (usuallly stubbly) onto my sternum until I perked up.

Ben
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 10:32am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    When sweeping, I will hold people past the "tipping point" (where their base is completely destroyed and the sweep is inevitable), SLOWLY get my finishing transition grips, and THEN finish the sweep in slow motion with a smile.

I will then take a VERY high mount just below their chin. So I'm just about sitting on their jaw.

Oh, and I removed my pants before starting the sweep.
    I do one where I get what would be called butterfly hooks, or just both feet on their thigh/hip junction slide under and pick them up and hold them in the air with upper body controlled. Then slowly sweep to side or over the top.

Ben

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 10:37am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just remembered another one. My primary sensei used to pretend to go to sleep, making loud snoring noises when he did ne waza with me. He also used to vacantly stare around or out the window when doing stand up randori with me. Then he would pretend to come to and and exclaim "what, or sorry, I forgot you were there".

I carried on the tradition. I'll get a student in a pin and pretend to fall alseep on them. I'll go limp and snore, while they struggle to escape.

Ben

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 11:37am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In kung fu sparring, I used to do this thing that was questionably legal. When stepping in to throw a lead punch, I'd step on top of their lead foot, pinning it to the ground. This was good when I was going against someone that was constantly moving backwards, and when they tried to move but something was wrong, their attention would instantly go to the foot, and their face would be hit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 4:45pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    In kung fu sparring, I used to do this thing that was questionably legal. When stepping in to throw a lead punch, I'd step on top of their lead foot, pinning it to the ground. This was good when I was going against someone that was constantly moving backwards, and when they tried to move but something was wrong, their attention would instantly go to the foot, and their face would be hit.
    I do this constantly, but with the higher ranks it usually doesn't end well for me.

Once in the park my Sensei was wearing shoes with long shoelaces. I carefully slid my foot over and stepped on his laces whilst unloading a barrage of crap punches at him to keep him distracted. He didn't realize I was stepping on his laces, and eventually tried to move. I got him pretty good in the ribs a couple of times.

Then he kicked my ass anyway though.

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 1:26am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Start crying like a big baby when you get puncehed
    your opponant will be so surprised/feel so guilty that they will lower thier guard...BAM!

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 1:40am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In kung fu sparring ... This was good when I was going against someone that was constantly moving backwards, and when they tried to move but something was wrong, their attention would instantly go to the foot, and their face would be hit.
    In my kung fu days I was taught to time this so their movement was disrupted. Usually off my jab or a lead leg kick. I have found people who train takedowns, throws, clenching, or have experience fighting aren't as bothered by the tactic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 2:25am

Style: BJJ & MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to do this in Kenpo sparring while also trapping their lead hand and then land repeated light jabs to the face. One of the guys there got me back by kicking me hard in the nuts whenever he could. I left that place pretty quick.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 9:49am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nose smash or cheekbone smash when someone's properly defending the rnc. Total dick move. Love it.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 10:06am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are assholes, I'm not rolling with any of you people.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast