NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 4:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprore View Post
    I hope we can all acknowledge it'd be an unfair fight weight and strength-wise?

I'm sure cyborg could smash some equivalently sized men, just like I'm sure there are a handful of 145ers who could beat 165ers of comparable skill sometimes, but it still wouldn't be a fair fight.

People who get into this argument sound like they've never rolled with somebody heavier than them. You can still beat them, even if you're equal skill, but they do have a physical advantage deemed unfair by the rules of the sport, and that's a big deal if you're going to get your face punched in with thousands of dollars on the line.
    Becky proved a female fighter can win if she is larger, but that was NHB. It can't happen in MMA because the weight classes are a disadvantage to the female fighter.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 4:42pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick View Post
    Well, I think we've beaten this deceased equine so far into the ground we're actually digging a hole through the earth's crust now.
    When doing something, do it right and be thorough.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 8:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently the (punching) power differential between males and females is only 16% among trained fighters.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 11:43pm

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Mr. Marsh may bring forth all the socalled 'general knowledge' he wishes to , a glance at the powerlifting records at roughly the same weight between the mens and womens divisions , the gap isn't thirty to forty percent. There's an interesting video of Ruthie Karworski running around where she goes something like five o seven on her squat to win the thing , that's at a 137 lbs of bodyweight.

Yes there are physical differences , but there is also the factor of the individual specimen involved. Interestingly enoug , in turning this into another equine soup affair , seemingly nobody wishes to comment on the sociodynamic aspects , manifestation of which may well be of a less than postive nature for the sport..

Me , well now on a personal level I think she actually may be *that* good and would be inclined to let her prove it. I also think that if the men were to spot her ten lbs there'd be a whole slew of guys losing to her.

And the first bloodbath involving an intergender competition will have the media down on the sport like a pack of effete rabid jackals.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 12:24am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, this fight would not go over well in the west regardless of both parties involved agreeing amicably and consenting to the fight. Pretty much has to do with the western notion that violence belongs no where near women is still pervasive despite being archaic. Female fighters are also looked down upon not only for the reasons above but because fight fans are more attracted to the higher weight classes and while I suspect that most female fighters aren't attracted to the 200-220 lbs.division.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 5:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Apparently the (punching) power differential between males and females is only 16% among trained fighters.
    difference ************, difference!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 3:15pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And again, small guys and women spar much bigger men all day every day when they're training, and probably tap and outbox them regularly, it still doesn't make it a fair sporting competition. The fact that they CAN win doesn't mean the rules are fair to them.

I know i can sub some of the much larger whitebelts i train with regularly, but i still wouldn't like having them in my bracket in a competition. And while there are guys in my weight bracket who are MUCH stronger than me, it's fair within the rules of the sport if they're my weight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 4:01pm

Style: BAWXIN'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    random example
    man = 2000 psi, that means woman = 1680
    thats a big power difference.
    thats not exactly not a lot to go on, is that equal LBM? equal weight? technique makes a difference in power too.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 9:48am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man VS Woman - Lucia Rijker vs Somchai Jaidee

This is the example i'm always given when people have the "man Vs Woman" in a fight debate. I'm not that familiar with Lucia, but apparently shes supposed to be more badass then Cyborg (stand up skill wise)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 12:37pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But seriously, this whole argument is moot because weightclasses are meant to divide fighters by limiting their 'fair' physical abilities, and there are TONS of 145 men who can smash 165 men, and tons of women who can outfight equal or bigger men, the 'look who won this fight!' anecdote is irrelevant to whether it's a fair, sporting contest.

I don't think cyborg has anything to prove, i'm sure she's submitted and outboxed hundreds of men in hard sparring.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast