Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 12:48pm

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cristianne Santos versus men....

Serious question , does anyone here give the cyborg a chance against the top ten men at one forty five?

What about against Layla Ali in some sort of boxing versus MMA showdown. Not that the latter is going to happen , but the former might , and such competition may well cause some fallout on a sociodynamic level for the sport as a whole enitity.

That said , personally I wouldn't be all that surprised to see her beat some of the men at her own weight , and a lot more if guys were dumb enough to give up weight to her.

JQP however may react badly " oh look they're forcing that poor frail little girl to beat that man senseless and bloody , oh my look at how scared she is , she's holding onto that mans neck so tight oh thank God he decided to take a nap"........some crusading politico is likely to start braying about the whole thing.

Opinions?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 2:14pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If any woman fights an equally skilled man at equal weight she will be as a serious disadvantage. This is due to the fact that men naturally produce much more testosterone (the key hormone in both male development and muscle growth) giving men a more uneven body fat to muscle ratio over women. Weight classes exist for a reason as well as gender divisions in fight sports.

As for your MMA vs. Boxing question, an MMA fighter will always win over a boxer in an MMA match and a boxer will will beat an MMA fighter in a boxing match. MMA vs. Boxing is always a gong show that means absolutely nothing due to the difference in rule sets and training.

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 2:18pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the case of Cyborg, I am fairly certain her testosterone output is significantly higher than most males.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Becky Levi
    7 - 1 - 0
    Win Javio Flores Submission (Choke) WSW - World Shoot Wrestling 1 6/12/1998 1 3:07
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 2:40pm

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by P Marsh View Post
    If any woman fights an equally skilled man at equal weight she will be as a serious disadvantage. This is due to the fact that men naturally produce much more testosterone (the key hormone in both male development and muscle growth) giving men a more uneven body fat to muscle ratio over women. Weight classes exist for a reason as well as gender divisions in fight sports.

As for your MMA vs. Boxing question, an MMA fighter will always win over a boxer in an MMA match and a boxer will will beat an MMA fighter in a boxing match. MMA vs. Boxing is always a gong show that means absolutely nothing due to the difference in rule sets and training.

All due respect , but do you have anything but by rote rehashed blanket generalisation drivel , along with the assumption that nobody save yourself is aware of certain factors within the above.

Best take a look at Cyborg while you're at it , if you think her as isn't getting shot full of Sustanon and likely WinV you ain't looking. Beyond that I really don't think what's flapping around between someones legs has anything much to do with skill.

So kindly get to the point , no denying she's got skill , strength , endurance etc. But how does she stack up against the men in the top ten at 145.

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 2:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by P Marsh View Post
    MMA vs. Boxing is always a gong show that means absolutely nothing due to the difference in rule sets and training.
    Could you please elaborate further on this. I'm not sure I understand this sentence.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 3:21pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    All due respect , but do you have anything but by rote rehashed blanket generalisation drivel , along with the assumption that nobody save yourself is aware of certain factors within the above.

Best take a look at Cyborg while you're at it , if you think her as isn't getting shot full of Sustanon and likely WinV you ain't looking. Beyond that I really don't think what's flapping around between someones legs has anything much to do with skill.

So kindly get to the point , no denying she's got skill , strength , endurance etc. But how does she stack up against the men in the top ten at 145.
    I'm not doubting whether or not she has skill, thats why I didn't comment specifically on that and also why I prefaces my comment with "against a man with equal skill" because I am speaking simply about the physical differences between male and female fighters that give cause to the enforced gender divides in sport fights. And I'm not saying she would loose for certain but that she would be working with a serious disadvantage in the fight.

Male muscle density is about 30-40% greater than female muscle density.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    Could you please elaborate further on this. I'm not sure I understand this sentence.
    Well pitting MMA fighters against Boxers I feel is nothing but a show match simply for publicity since the respective disciplines are so different when it comes to fighting. The fight would literally come down to what rule set they are using, either MMA rules completely write off the boxer since they only have training and experience in standing striking against other boxers or Boxing rules make most of the MMA fighter's training and experience useless during the fight since they wont be allowed to kick, throw or submit their opponent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 4:21pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope we can all acknowledge it'd be an unfair fight weight and strength-wise?

I'm sure cyborg could smash some equivalently sized men, just like I'm sure there are a handful of 145ers who could beat 165ers of comparable skill sometimes, but it still wouldn't be a fair fight.

People who get into this argument sound like they've never rolled with somebody heavier than them. You can still beat them, even if you're equal skill, but they do have a physical advantage deemed unfair by the rules of the sport, and that's a big deal if you're going to get your face punched in with thousands of dollars on the line.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 4:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to see Cyborg fight men, pop in on Chute Boxe sparring day.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 4:38pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I think we've beaten this deceased equine so far into the ground we're actually digging a hole through the earth's crust now.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast