Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 1:39pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Treat them like individuals, not "like women should be treated".

Except dumb bitches.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 1:40pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Other than treating them as peers, what else should we be doing different?
    Breaking them out of there conditioned responses. I don't accept excuses from women. In many ways worst than I won't accept excuses from men.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 1:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Women are conditioned creatures as are men. Most men (and I'm including you guys) don't treat women the way they should be treated. You treat them the way society says you should treat them.
    So we need to start treating they should be treated?
    GREAT going tell them to get on their knees and smile like a donut!
    That whole EQUALITY **** just didnt' work!!!

(This is a joke people, STFU)
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Women are conditioned creatures as are men. Most men (and I'm including you guys) don't treat women the way they should be treated. You treat them the way society says you should treat them.
    We (men, women, and everything in between) are in some sense trapped inside our own cultural paradigms, that tend to propagate the cycle of patriarchal power.

Unfortunately, the perspectives that we form are wholly subjective to the unique challenges we face in our sex roles and gender resource distribution.

Historically speaking (I can do a whole research paper on this subject if you want, but I'll try to keep things brief), it was more profitable to have male children, as men accumulate wealth via taking all of the **** that the woman had. This becomes even more dramatically pronounced when men take several wives, and the dowrys and estates of each as well.

This (among many other reasons) contributes to a devaluation, and ultimate underappreciation of our women in society, and the current media obsession with beauty and promiscuity creates an environment in which the young woman must make some very difficult decisions, never being permitted to feel valid with the goalposts constantly shifting as new fashions and idols come into focus.

Liberation movements like feminism have been important in establishing human rights right across the globe, leading to important changes like sufferage, spousal entitlements, divorce rights, and anti-discrimination laws.

We all have a responsibility to treat our sisters with the respect they deserve.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 2:19pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife did knockdown karate with me for a few years. The most important thing she learned is how to not immediately panic when you get hit or get the wind knocked out of you. That is almost always missing from these short term self defense courses. The other thing she learned is that she does not in any way want to tangle with a man that means her serious harm. Keep alert, make space and GTFO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 2:33pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    Im English, Lrn2 politics. It Isnt America, doesnt work the same way. By our standards, your liberals are conservative.
    Fair enough. Sorry if I came off defensive, but stateside, "bleeding heart liberal" is a term often bandied about by NeoConsvervatives to describe, say, someone who thinks that universal health care may be a good idea in a country where an ambulance ride costs $900.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 2:34pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    So we need to start treating they should be treated?
    GREAT going tell them to get on their knees and smile like a donut!
    That whole EQUALITY **** just didnt' work!!!

(This is a joke people, STFU)
    Rescind their suffrage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 2:36pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God no, sorry, you're right, I should have known that. In Britain, there is an emphasis of understanding, there are no criminals, only people in bad situations.

I could rant forever. So I wont.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 2:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    We (men, women, and everything in between) are in some sense trapped inside our own cultural paradigms, that tend to propagate the cycle of patriarchal power.

Unfortunately, the perspectives that we form are wholly subjective to the unique challenges we face in our sex roles and gender resource distribution.

Historically speaking (I can do a whole research paper on this subject if you want, but I'll try to keep things brief), it was more profitable to have male children, as men accumulate wealth via taking all of the **** that the woman had. This becomes even more dramatically pronounced when men take several wives, and the dowrys and estates of each as well.

This (among many other reasons) contributes to a devaluation, and ultimate underappreciation of our women in society, and the current media obsession with beauty and promiscuity creates an environment in which the young woman must make some very difficult decisions, never being permitted to feel valid with the goalposts constantly shifting as new fashions and idols come into focus.

Liberation movements like feminism have been important in establishing human rights right across the globe, leading to important changes like sufferage, spousal entitlements, divorce rights, and anti-discrimination laws.

We all have a responsibility to treat our sisters with the respect they deserve.
    Everything you say is true, but there are two edges to this cultural sword. How many times is violence against women condemned on the air each day? How many times do the same networks show a woman hitting a man, and everyone laughs? Everyone has power in our society, just of different sorts.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 2:40pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Everything you say is true, but there are two edges to this cultural sword. How many times is violence against women condemned on the air each day? How many times do the same networks show a woman hitting a man, and everyone laughs? Everyone has power in our society, just of different sorts.
    Jerry McGuire.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast