Thread: Hello

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello

Just to introduce myself and get rid of the annoying top message. I'm doing BJJ for 3 months, started just to get some exercise and picked BJJ after seeing that lifting weights is boring. I'm 30, fat, never done any MA before and neither exercised for the last 12 years (played basket ball in HS) plus I have an office job.
    I train 3 times a week gi only and my goal is to be able to go through the whole training without gassing and get in shape.
    So far BJJ has a positive effect on my l health inspiring me to be more careful what I eat and motivating me to run, climb stairs and do calisthenics even when I'm not on class.
    All the best on frauds investigations.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    Style
    Combat Cuddling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome!

Try lurking around a bit.

Good luck with BJJ, I hear it's tough...

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome!

This was me 6 months ago! Ahhh brings back memories laying belly up on the matt like a beached whale gasping for air after 10 minutes.

Just stick with it, what ever happens. I now make it through the whole session and only suffer for 2 days afterwards now.

Good luck and welcome again!

Style
    Kickboxing (student)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. I shed 30+ lbs training in kickboxing (SanDa)...you can do it!!!!

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks to everybody for their welcome. The 4th month just started and so far its good, after my second month I stopped panicking when I'm on the back. Now I learned some things about side control, few chokes, and slowly starting to learn the back mount. My stand up game still sucks big time but slowly I hope it gets better. Like they say a black belt is a white belt who never gave up. So I just need to keep training and hope that life and health doesn't get in my way. After I'm ready to go through the whole training and learn a thing or two about BJJ I plan to add some striking art or maybe MMA training. But that's future so far BJJ and some conditioning training will do.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ : 6 months after

Just to give you guys an update.
    After 6 months of BJJ and few classes of grappling I've lost 15 kg ( 33 lbs) , I'm now 90kg (198lbs) at 180 cm (5'11") that's another 10 kg (22lbs) to go .
    As for my fitness level I could go through whole training without gassing and cheating and I started to feel that I'm ready for more then 3 classes a week. My weakest spot is my flexibility, not that I was ever very flexible in my life, so that's my first priority to improve.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Style
    Submission Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superangryfish View Post
    brings back memories laying belly up on the matt like a beached whale gasping for air after 10 minutes.
    I resemble this remark.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!