Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 3:33am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I think that TUF should be formatted in the same way as So You Think You Can Dance.

For those of you who don't know, I danced for 7 years in my teens and still have a spark for it so I do love watching this show for the talent. Anyway, I started catching up on my DVR's SYTYCD and realized that TUF would be fucking fantastic if it were formatted in the same way as So You Think You Can Dance.

For those of you who aren't savy about the show this is how it works:

The first couple of episodes are the try outs. The judges give plane tickets to the 100+ people they think should be given the chance to get on as the final 20 on the show.

There's like 2 episodes after that they use to eliminate 80 dancers and this is the part that I think TUF would really benefit from. See, the way they eliminate the 80+ dancers from the show is they give them a few hours to learn choreography in a style of dance and then they have to perform in front of the judges and are elminated based on their ability to adapt.

In the same vein, if TUF were to do this, they would be able to show off the strengths and weaknesses of the fighters on the show. Make everyone do various styles or show some kind of skill in various styles based on the fighters physical capability to control their bodies. I would love to see the Greg Jackson wrestle-huggers have to get through a regiment of sidekicks or something.

After the 80 something dancers are eliminated, each episode is a series of battles between the dancers who are given a style of dance that they have to learn and are eliminated from the show as they fail to perform.

TUF would be so awesome if they did this. If every episode were a different style of fighting where each fighter would be given a crash course in how to perform and then they are pitted up against each other in that style.

So at the end of SYTYCD after weeks of this, the last two finalists just dance it out and it's pretty awesome. At the end of TUF, the two finalists can just fight each other like normal.

I am not wrong about this, it would make TUF SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING TO WATCH.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 3:47am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds lame, much like your dancing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 4:04am

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think taking someone outside of what they train in would be good for TUF. I don't watch the UFC pay per views, but love the elimination show. I think what would great for TUF would be an all out tourney to see who gets on the show.

Break the US down into sixteen different regions, and have a come one come all tourney. If you think you can hang come and bang! Each region could send two guys to Vegas, and the 32 that make it to Vegas can then compete for who gets to stay in Vegas. The final sixteen compete like always.

I don't know how they pick the guys they get now. Maybe this is kind of how they do it. I don't know. I think UFC could make more money hosting the regional tourneys and having them open to spectators. Plus it would be more of an actual proving ground, since ninjers could come out and show their stuff.

How do they find the fighters for the show anyway?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 4:40am

Style: Kendo, Iaido, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be much more intresting to watch until a producer realises that people like the karate kid and ninjas and suddenly you've got mma athletes learning shaolin forms, ninjutsu rolls and samurai sword skills.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 9:27am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    For those of you who don't know, I danced for 7 years in my teens and still have a spark for it so I do love watching this show for the talent. Anyway, I started catching up on my DVR's SYTYCD and realized that TUF would be fucking fantastic if it were formatted in the same way as So You Think You Can Dance.

For those of you who aren't savy about the show this is how it works:

The first couple of episodes are the try outs. The judges give plane tickets to the 100+ people they think should be given the chance to get on as the final 20 on the show.

There's like 2 episodes after that they use to eliminate 80 dancers and this is the part that I think TUF would really benefit from. See, the way they eliminate the 80+ dancers from the show is they give them a few hours to learn choreography in a style of dance and then they have to perform in front of the judges and are elminated based on their ability to adapt.

In the same vein, if TUF were to do this, they would be able to show off the strengths and weaknesses of the fighters on the show. Make everyone do various styles or show some kind of skill in various styles based on the fighters physical capability to control their bodies. I would love to see the Greg Jackson wrestle-huggers have to get through a regiment of sidekicks or something.

After the 80 something dancers are eliminated, each episode is a series of battles between the dancers who are given a style of dance that they have to learn and are eliminated from the show as they fail to perform.

TUF would be so awesome if they did this. If every episode were a different style of fighting where each fighter would be given a crash course in how to perform and then they are pitted up against each other in that style.

So at the end of SYTYCD after weeks of this, the last two finalists just dance it out and it's pretty awesome. At the end of TUF, the two finalists can just fight each other like normal.

Sounds like one of your better ideas, Chris. I was just joking about this to one of my sisters the a week ago while we we watching SYTYCD.

Of course, now that you know you and I were thinking along similar lines, you'll probably rethink the whole idea.

@Alex: It couldn't get any lamer than most of TUF.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 10:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Sounds like one of your better ideas, Chris. I was just joking about this to one of my sisters the a week ago while we we watching SYTYCD.

Of course, now that you know you and I were thinking along similar lines, you'll probably rethink the whole idea.

TUF would be better if the fighters were forced to watch Jersey Shore and told to not be so much like that.

Drama whore penalties could be instituted with random suprise tasering.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 10:15am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Fight Quest only lamer and with more people who suck instead of just 2 dipshits.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 12:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    sounds lame, much like your dancing
    I'm sorry Alex, we shouldn't mess with Emmy Award winning production. Tell me, what was that NZ show that has become an international block buster?

Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    I don't think taking someone outside of what they train in would be good for TUF. I don't watch the UFC pay per views, but love the elimination show. I think what would great for TUF would be an all out tourney to see who gets on the show.

Break the US down into sixteen different regions, and have a come one come all tourney. If you think you can hang come and bang! Each region could send two guys to Vegas, and the 32 that make it to Vegas can then compete for who gets to stay in Vegas. The final sixteen compete like always.

I don't know how they pick the guys they get now. Maybe this is kind of how they do it. I don't know. I think UFC could make more money hosting the regional tourneys and having them open to spectators. Plus it would be more of an actual proving ground, since ninjers could come out and show their stuff.

How do they find the fighters for the show anyway?
    No way, it would be way awesome. TUF as it is is a **** show anyway. Making them do Chi Sao and Sticky Hands or whatever the **** would make it infinitely more entertaining. We're talking about mixed martial arts here. It could also display how much those kinds of styles DON'T WORK.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post

Nope. I'm sticking to this.

There's so much more depth to this that I don't even want to go into because everyone seems to always go for the lowest hanging fruit here on bullshido.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 12:30pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    TUF would be better if the fighters were forced to watch Jersey Shore and told to not be so much like that.

Drama whore penalties could be instituted with random suprise tasering.
    I like this idea the most.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    6/13/2011 3:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the idea. As a fan of MMA and SYTYCD/ABDC, I think it could work. I don't think it would necessarily have to be different styles but different ranges. Have them box, kickbox, do takedowns, then grapple. Have them do it separately in it's own range. It can even be done with seperate drills in each range such as a specific takedown, or you have to hit the most body shots, or sweeps. It can be rounds of sparring with each individual range as part of the tryouts with different competitors. Those who survive the tryouts and Vegas Week would then be able to compete on the show. Once on the show, it's all out MMA like normal. This would allow for the emotional attachment that is needed for these shows to be successful.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast