Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    1,565
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    The only conclusion I can draw from practicing Krav Maga is that the one night you forget your cup is the one night some crosstraining Muay Thai fighter with tree trunks for legs decides to channel all of his daddy issues into the hardest groin kick he can muster. Said kick will occur while your attention is diverted elsewhere.
    How bad? I've puked from a nut shot before.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    643
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was definitely enough to drop me right to the floor. My dick got the worst of it, but I didn't have to go to the hospital to get the blood drained (hurt like hell though, thank god for Vicodin).

    I've puked from nut shots too, but that's sort of expected.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    1,565
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never had to have drainage. I have a younger sister so I turn my hips by reflex now.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    858
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    Never had to have drainage. I have a younger sister so I turn my hips by reflex now.
    Kids are good for that whole hip turn, close the knees and protect the situational awareness thing.

    Never fall asleep on the floor within jumping distance of the couch if there are un sedated three year olds around... Not good op sec for the equipment.

  5. #15
    syberia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,758
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think KM is a decent gateway MA. A short contract stint won't hurt. KM may reveal an area that best suits you.
    You going to tell us why?

    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    The only conclusion I can draw from practicing Krav Maga is that the one night you forget your cup is the one night some crosstraining Muay Thai fighter with tree trunks for legs decides to channel all of his daddy issues into the hardest groin kick he can muster. Said kick will occur while your attention is diverted elsewhere.
    Cup check!

    I'm sorry. I know it shouldn't, but this made me lol.


    Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.


  6. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    Never had to have drainage. I have a younger sister so I turn my hips by reflex now.
    A younger brother will teach you the same reflex. Bonus I got to "educate" him too. Really freaked a few classmates out once when I seemingly took a really ugly fieldgoal like nut shot without so much as wincing. In that case I opted to keep my secrets and live in infamy. However forgetting your cup in Jiu Jitsu I would not advise. I've taken far more elbows rolling than feet sparring.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    99
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia View Post
    You going to tell us why?
    I think I get what he's saying here. Krav Maga was meant to be a system of easily learned striking, grappling and weapon defense for the military. It's a basic self defense program. By training in it a short time, a person could develop some basic skill in a few areas, and maybe discover that they have an interest in a particular area. Maybe they find they like grappling so start BJJ, or they enjoy training with weapons and get into Kali and so on.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,138
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    Kids are good for that whole hip turn, close the knees and protect the situational awareness thing.

    Never fall asleep on the floor within jumping distance of the couch if there are un sedated three year olds around... Not good op sec for the equipment.
    Wait, did you just refer to your dangly bits as "Situational Awareness"? That's got to be the strangest penis nickname I've ever heard.

  9. #19
    King Sleepless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NOBODY GIVES A **** ABOUT WHAT YOUR OPINION IS BECAUSE IT IS STUPID AND WRONG ANYWAY AND YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT KRAV MAGA.

    I wish I were kidding but it is true.

  10. #20
    syberia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,758
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for your wisdom, Sirc.


    Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.


Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO