Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Judo Training Videos - Some that I Like

I am posting these for discussion/questions. These are some of the better one's I've found that go over fundamentals. They are not in English, go figure. But watch them anyway.

These sorts of things are some of the fundamentals of movement for grappling, particularly in a jacket.

Feel free to comment or add videos for discussion.
    Mods, if you want to move this to basic grappling section, feel free, and I'm not adverse to non-jacket wrestling videos.

Kumi Kata (gripping)

Tai Sabaki (linked to tsurikiomi/kuzushi...)

Kuzushi (tsurikomi)

Nage Waza Concepts
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Koga, a brilliant example of rock solid fundamentals applied to highest levels of Judo.

Not only that, he is good pedagogically as well. An often rare combination.

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I am posting these for discussion/questions. These are some of the better one's I've found that go over fundamentals. They are not in English, go figure. But watch them anyway.

These sorts of things are some of the fundamentals of movement for grappling, particularly in a jacket.

Feel free to comment or add videos for discussion.

[...]

Tai Sabaki (linked to tsurikiomi/kuzushi...)

Generally the tai sabaki step to enter in seoi nage is explained as a semicircular forward movement of the right leg, followed by a semicircular backward movement of the left leg.
    But in this video, the movement of the right leg is almost imperceptible, while that of the left leg is much larger, so that tory stays quite distant from uke and has a lot of pulling space.

This is also the way tai sabaki is done in most of the other videos, excluded Koga when he enters in kenka yotsu (in fact in the videos there are a lot of hikidashi entries).

I note this because it is some months that my instructor is saying that we all enter too close to uke so that we end up without "pulling space".