Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 9:37am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Let me guess, you don't know how a kimura works.
    The "Joint", manipulated is the shoulder. I suppose my wording was incorrect. I should have said what joint does a kimura put stress on.

I should point out for Omega's sake. That im not BJJ, Im just JJ, im a noob, and I only Kimura from Top-Side mount because im shitty from closed guard.

I merely answered because I have had people try to tell me about their sweet triangles, but couldnt tell me what a rubber guard was.
    Last edited by The Juggernoob; 6/11/2011 9:44am at .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 10:07am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Find a better group of friends?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 10:40am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    The "Joint", manipulated is the shoulder. I suppose my wording was incorrect. I should have said what joint does a kimura put stress on.

I should point out for Omega's sake. That im not BJJ, Im just JJ, im a noob, and I only Kimura from Top-Side mount because im shitty from closed guard.

I merely answered because I have had people try to tell me about their sweet triangles, but couldnt tell me what a rubber guard was.
    I should point out for Mike's sake (irony there) that I'm not BJJ. As Matt pointed out above the Kimura (Ude Garame), if done correctly, should attack the elbow. Now in my circle we rename the submission based on which joint you attack. In BJJ Kimura attacks either. So yeah, your first example, while a good attempt, might fall flat on it's face if you were to run into a person who was trained just a tad differently.

Just saying.

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 10:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check their Bullshido post count. The higher it is, the bigger the poser.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 11:39am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After he says it's not street enough immediately palm an ashtray and smash him in the face with it. Preferably a glass one.
    安氏八极拳学生

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 1:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would just asks where they train, what it's like, the atmosphere, generalities like "how's the trainings?", etc. Usually should be able to tell if they're being sincere or not + I'm at least vaguely aware of most of my town's schools/gyms/clubs (small town).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 1:04pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I prefer this Clint Eastwood quote for such situations

"I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and pissed more blood and stomped more ass that all of you numbnuts put together."

Also

"Clint: Well, it sounds like you're a man of experience.
    Asshole: What the hell's that supposed to mean, grunge ****.
    Clint: It means: Be advised. I'm mean, nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round in a flea's ass at 200 meters. So why don't you go hump somebody else's leg, mutt face, before I push yours in."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 6:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should point out for Mike's sake (irony there) that I'm not BJJ. As Matt pointed out above the Kimura (Ude Garame), if done correctly, should attack the elbow. Now in my circle we rename the submission based on which joint you attack. In BJJ Kimura attacks either. So yeah, your first example, while a good attempt, might fall flat on it's face if you were to run into a person who was trained just a tad differently.

Just saying.
    I appreciate you highlighting that issue. I base my definition solely on the fact that im not allowed to use it in Judo, as they classify it as a shoulder manipulation. I will point out, this is what im told by my instructors. To my knowledge it is illegal now?

Personally, when its put on me , my elbow hurts first, and more. But I have hypermobile joints.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 7:46pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    I appreciate you highlighting that issue. I base my definition solely on the fact that im not allowed to use it in Judo, as they classify it as a shoulder manipulation. I will point out, this is what im told by my instructors. To my knowledge it is illegal now?

Personally, when its put on me , my elbow hurts first, and more. But I have hypermobile joints.
    You are actually allowed to use it in Judo as long as it is focused on the elbow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2011 8:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are actually allowed to use it in Judo as long as it is focused on the elbow.
    Id like to pretend Im skilled enough to do that in Judo. I'll go do 100 push ups. But seriously, Im still at the stage where Im adjusting to new rules over JJ.

BTW. I saw your makikomi vid on YT. It is a thing of beauty.

:okay:
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast