Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello!

hey guys, new to the forums! i usually post on the UG with the same username. just checking out this forum to see whats up!

Style
    Stabbing the Face.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Where in Maryland are you from?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ellicott city. hbu?

Style
    Stabbing the Face.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Datazzmaniandev View Post
    Ellicott city. hbu?
    Whoa, that's pretty fucking close by. Where do you train?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    Whoa, that's pretty fucking close by. Where do you train?
    i don't train anywhere at the moment. i've been trying to find a place thats affordable.

Style
    Stabbing the Face.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of the local private places, like Ground Control, Baltimore Martial Arts Academy, Krav Maga Maryland and MD Muay Thai are fairly expensive thanks to the ridiculous rents that have to be paid in this area. There are a bunch of other places that teach you the Chun, the Krotty or how to be a Ninjer, but those places are expensive *and* shitty.

There this place in Elkridge called 88BJJ. I'm not sure what the rates are there, but you should check it out. There's another place in Elkridge, the name of which I cannot recall for the life of me, I'll get it to you once I remember. If you're really short on funds, try to see if they have any programs at the YMCA on Rt. 103 (but only if you're really broke).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks. i notice that you work @ krav maga maryland? and you're affiliated with columbia bjj? the rickson gracie affiliate? ya i looked at those schools that you've mentioned and they're all expensive ahaha. i know the ymca doesnt offer anything b/c i live around there. ya crazy 88 is a lloyd irvin affiliate im not sure what the rates are either. i was planning on joining a gym during the summer but i broke my ankle recently. i was wondering what are the rates @ krav maga maryland and columbia bjj?

Style
    Stabbing the Face.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't work at KMMD because I suck at Krav Maga too much to teach there, I do however, train in that building.

It's about $250 a month for both KM and BJJ at that building. Rather steeply priced. Ground Control's cheaper, but not by much. Check out 88BJJ and tell me how it goes. I'll keep an eye out for other schools too.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whoops, my mistake. ahah. ya definitely, i'll let you knw once my leg heals. o btw, whats the cost for just krav maga?

Style
    Stabbing the Face.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $150, but you don't really get enough groundwork for Krav Maga, especially in the lower levels. To be honest, I don't recommend training in Krav Maga if you're strapped for cash because Krav Maga has a very sharp learning curve (it takes anywhere from 60-120 months to get a black belt). While Columbia Krav Maga is one of the better Krav Maga centers on the East Coast, the problem is that KM doesn't teach you how to fight very quickly. You'll get a better return on your money learning boxing or Muay Thai.

Also, take a look at this place: http://www.lightsoutgym.net/classes/classes.html
    Might still be expensive though.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last