Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 11:25am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good work HenryT. From what I've seen, these investigations of volunteer based, and largely dependent on the time availability of the various posters who involve themselves. The MABS threads come up high on google searches, and so the discussion here, can warn consumers in the future, even if it's merely unethical. None of your thus-far efforts are wasted, and keep on keepin on.

Nice w/ the Yale. They care, I'm quite sure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 3:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Good work HenryT. From what I've seen, these investigations of volunteer based, and largely dependent on the time availability of the various posters who involve themselves. The MABS threads come up high on google searches, and so the discussion here, can warn consumers in the future, even if it's merely unethical. None of your thus-far efforts are wasted, and keep on keepin on.

Nice w/ the Yale. They care, I'm quite sure.
    Thanks for your support, Boby; I appreciate it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 9:18am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the original thread:

Rock Ape was deployed and couldn't finish.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103058

I am also trying to find one more that has better information.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 9:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Here is the original thread:

Rock Ape was deployed and couldn't finish.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103058

I am also trying to find one more that has better information.
    I didn’t know about this other thread; I guess I should apologise for kicking off another and redundant one.

It Is Fake – or anyone else: where do we go from here? Would it be a good idea to write to this guy and ask him for his response to the “case” against him? - the case against him being as follows:

1. He’s offering for sale certificates that are fakes or forgeries (it’s a subtle but real distinction) and offering to write into them whatever name and rank the customer wants. He seems to ask for no proof of the customer’s bona fides.

2. His products include not only martial arts certificates but certificates of military service and even “novelty” Yale and Harvard diplomas.

3. To offer such products as replacements or novelties may not be illegal, but it’s disingenuous and unethical and amounts – morally – to a general invitation to anyone who wants to create phoney credentials for himself.

I guess (from earlier posts) that we already know what his answer will be; “Show me the law that says I can’t.” But at least we shall have called attention to this scam, which is better than nothing.

I’d be happy to write to him myself, unless somebody else wants to badly enough.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/25/2011 10:03am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't apologize. I added that one because it deconstructs the actual certificates. Yours is completely different as it actually addresses the issue. I don't want to merge them because, yours is more informative. It just shows the certificate issue and adds to your thread.

I'll send you a pm.

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 5:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found these guys a month or so ago. They sell fake SKIF shotokan certificates. In looking at the fake and comparing it to my Shodan certificate, it is eerily nearly identical. The only real difference is the red stamps used on the fake are different, and I was tested by two Japanese masters, so I have two "instructor stamps" on mine.

This guy obviously obtained a real SKIF shodan certificate and has removed and replaced the personal details.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234