Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 7:58pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Changing the marketing of various Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Cross training doesn't necessarily make them modern.

We are talking more striking than grappling and consistent ability. Not saying anything negative, but many WC schools have seminars and their striking is still sub-par. As cullion noted they do not incorporate, use or try to fix their chun.

Kamon spars with gloves and in the ring when they were last posting. They also changed from "feeding" to realistic sparring.
    With that said. Why cant it just be described as a form style then? I mean if you have to change it vastly just to make it work on a basic level?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 7:59pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A form style? WTF are you talking about?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 8:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A form style? WTF are you talking about?
    I mean, dont tell people it will help them to defend themselves. Just market it like tai chi (Not Taijiquan). Let it be like TKD or something, so everyone knows they wont actually be learning to fight when they sign up.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 8:18pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do me a favor and don't post in here again without reading all of the rules. Also, do me a favor and hop in the ring with Orr before running your mouth. Better yet, go enter a Sanda, Lei Tai, or Sanshou match before you continue trolling Tai chi.

Yes, there are a ton of shitty teachers in the CMA, but not all are and some do take their training seriously.

Your comment is not only old it is a dead horse. If you want to make that joke do it in YMAS because, there are plenty of thread in there to go "tee hee TKD, Tai Chi, and WC don't teach you how to fight."

Not in here.

Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 8:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do me a favor and don't post in here again without reading all of the rules. Also, do me a favor and hop in the ring with Orr before running your mouth. Better yet, go enter a Sanda, Lei Tai, or Sanshou match before you continue trolling Tai chi.

Yes, there are a ton of shitty teachers in the CMA, but not all are and some do take their training seriously.

Your comment is not only old it is a dead horse. If you want to make that joke do it in YMAS because, there are plenty of thread in there to go "tee hee TKD, Tai Chi, and WC don't teach you how to fight."

Not in here.

Thanks.
    I was being deadly fucking serious. Look, everyone knows that different styles appeal to different people, that much is obvious. But look at the world we live in. Open a WC school next to an MMA gym, with BJJ, Kickboxing etc, where are people going to go if they want to know how to hit hard, and survive. Be honest. I know it sounds super troll tastic, but i actually mean this. Maybe its time for a change in approach as far as marketing is concerned. For the record, i think you'll find i noted (not taijiquan). I was referring to 5am in the park tai chi. Not the alive form of it. Hell, if i need a schooling in that cullion can give me it when he see's me in august. Look its 2:37 am here. Im very sorry that you took that so badly. But some truth have become trolling and some trolling has become truths. Id love to finish this debate with you at a later date, so i'll open up a topic in YMAS tomorrow, just try and protect me from the instant flame i just received, because dont worry i expect it. I imagine my first post will be a list of people i dont want to offend.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 8:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike_ebw View Post
    I was being deadly fucking serious. Look, everyone knows that different styles appeal to different people, that much is obvious. But look at the world we live in. Open a WC school next to an MMA gym, with BJJ, Kickboxing etc, where are people going to go if they want to know how to hit hard, and survive. Be honest. I know it sounds super troll tastic, but i actually mean this. Maybe its time for a change in approach as far as marketing is concerned. For the record, i think you'll find i noted (not taijiquan). I was referring to 5am in the park tai chi. Not the alive form of it. Hell, if i need a schooling in that cullion can give me it when he see's me in august. Look its 2:37 am here. Im very sorry that you took that so badly. But some truth have become trolling and some trolling has become truths. Id love to finish this debate with you at a later date, so i'll open up a topic in YMAS tomorrow, just try and protect me from the instant flame i just received, because dont worry i expect it. I imagine my first post will be a list of people i dont want to offend.
    Oh did the dead horse comment hurt your feelings? Here, I'll make it easy for you.

Culled:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105436

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 9:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh did the dead horse comment hurt your feelings? Here, I'll make it easy for you.

Culled:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105436
    Just checking in before bed. I love you. This is epic.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 9:11pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just checking in before bed. I love you. This is epic.
    I know right?

I was being deadly fucking serious.
    2:37am I believe you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 9:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to set the picture for the convo im not going to be here to have :(.
    Education about effective styles is on the rise.
    Martial Arts is bigger than ever before.

While some exceptional people excel in more traditional styles, BJJ, Kickboxing, MT, Judo, Wrestling are juggernaughts. Do you think in light of this, SOME TMA's should aim more for fitness, and lifestyle, than encouraging people to resort to them in combat.

Keep in mind, im not talking about your cousin billy who is totally awesome at the flying eagle style, im talking averages.

Let the lynching begin.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 9:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know right?

2:37am I believe you.
    I have trouble sleeping, im over tired now. Restless. Before I shoot off, Ive left my abbreviated say. I trust you'll keep an eye on my funeral for me until i get back later?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast