Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 9:46pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I live! I tried to bite my Sensei in the recovery room. They let him deal with me, haha. My surgeon was wearing a penguin cap. I am on a lot of percocet right now. A LOT. and I have rose boba tea. The drive home took over an hour and I was hanging my head and arms out the window.

Pretty much like my horse when he is sedated.

They knocked my ass out so hard before they even wheeled me out to the operating theatre. The last thing I did was tell my sensei I loved him. This is okay 'cos he's my boyfriend.

The two other instructors at my dojo wanted to know how I was, and Shihan was the first person to call after I came out of my surgery. Called him back when I came to, and he said "it's a good thing you called! I was about to go... ON THE INTERNET." He uses AOL so that's a major threat.

Yay percocet, last time I was on percocet I made a unicorn horn out of a strapon harness and a silver glitter dildo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 10:26pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    Yay percocet, last time I was on percocet I made a unicorn horn out of a strapon harness and a silver glitter dildo.
    You sound fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 11:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hah thanks. Sometimes! I bought it with a friend, who bought the same one, so we could strap them on and have duels in our apartment complex courtyard. (there weren't any kids living there, heh.) Fun times!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 11:38pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The proper way to do it would be jousting on tricycles.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 12:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I concur and now have a new goal in life.

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 12:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: comparison shopping

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. They must have given you different drugs, or you're more resilient. It took me 3 or 4 tries over an hour or two to get out of bed at the hospital. Then when I got home I slept for about a day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 1:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got the cadaver graft instead of the patellar graft, and I hear that makes a huge difference.

Hey is it normal to get severe sharp pain further down the leg, and swelling there? Like just a little ways above my ankle?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    7/18/2011 9:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    Hey is it normal to get severe sharp pain further down the leg, and swelling there? Like just a little ways above my ankle?
    I don't know if it's normal, but I *still* have dull pain there. Talk to the doctor to make sure it's not a complication.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2011 4:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you! They said it was normal... now it isn't nearly as bad. I have bruising but the swelling has gone down a lot. Lots of pain... not sure if I love or hate the range of motion machine yet. It's swank and covered in fleece, and it doesn't have iron rods that press against the surgical sites like the brace does. I hate the brace with the burning fires of a thousand suns, but I know it's necessary for now...

Last night I dreamed I was participating in some kumite, and someone through a kick at me so I raised my knee up to block. Only problem was, I actually physically tried to do it instead of just dreaming it. Jerked my leg hard. That woke me up nice and quick. If I hadn't been wearing my medieval torture device, I would have possibly torn that new ligament. D: As it is, I'm worried that I'm damaging it.

I'm trying to be very careful, but no one believes this because they know how crazy I am when it comes to recovery and injury. I know how serious this one is though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2011 8:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha well I hope the graftee was better at kicking than I am! If his Dr Strangelove Ghost Ligament wants to live on through me, he is going to need to help me step it up a bit, and also not snap on me like my last ACL did.

PS I named him Stretchy.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast