Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 12:09am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you very much for that Tom, I'll be sure to pour over it. Much appreciated! And I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you're doing well now.

*edit* I have finished reading and am officially fucking terrified.
    Last edited by Evergrey; 6/27/2011 12:32am at .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 12:23am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    And I'm sorry to hear about your injury.
    Which one?

ACL? MCL? The meniscus? The achilles tear? Rotator cuff?

I could go on and on... lol!
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 2:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The one... that hurt the most!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 6:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fuuuuck I was right, it's completely torn!

Going for the cadaver graph option. The doctor and I decided that it was probably the best option for me, given everything. She seemed pretty gleeful about it, and said "don't worry, I'll find you some young buck to take the ligament from."

It is really weird thinking about a piece of some dead guy getting installed inside of me. I never really thought much about transplants before, but now I know that someone else that I don't know, and who is dead, is going to become a part of me. Skeeves me out, to be honest.

They're going to put me on that move your leg around machine, and a friend is going to loan me that ice thing that's so expensive to rent, so that's good. I'm going to get good physical therapy, apparently, and for one medicare will actually cover it. Amazing.

Can't train for 6 months. Well, maybe I'll be able to do some light things in 3 months. We'll see. I'm really really bummed about the weight I'm going to gain, the muscle I'm going to lose, and the backslide in my training. Soon as I can, though, I'll be in the dojo, sitting on the bench watching. Those people are friends and family far as I'm concerned, and I can still learn something from watching. Going to get some visitors from the dojo, and Sensei's going to take care of me after my surgery.

Have to warn them about me and going under general. When I had my back surgery the people in the operating room had to dogpile on me because I ended up having a flashback and flipping out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 2:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going under the knife today at 11:45am. No more food or water for me until probably about 5pm. Fun times! There's a part of me that wants to say "no, no, nevermind, **** THIS," but I would never be able to fight again if I took that route, so **** THAT. I'm going to get the surgery and hope for the best.

I have been told that I have a lot of physical and mental pain to look forward to once I get better again. Gotta love Kyokushin, haha- "get better so I can torture you!"

I was finally awarded my 7th kyu last week. The test was well over a month ago, but they like to let me stew over it for a while, hah! But they decided to give it to me before I went under. Something to motivate me- my next rank is green belt. That's the middle ranks between white and black, and it's also the rank that gets picked on a lot, so that'll be fun.

I guess I don't get to find out anything about the person I got the ligament from. That's too bad. I wonder if I'm gonna end up with a Dr. Strangelove knee? If I start involuntarily goose-stepping and kicking babies, then I'll know.

fuuuuck this is going to suck. D: At least I'll get percocet. So that's something.

The ambien walrus will be returning for a short cameo, because I am so going to need to fucking SLEEP.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 10:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. here's hoping it won't be as much hell as I am thinking, haha!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 1:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best of luck, hope your new knee doesn't come from a chunner.

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 2:16pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck. Get a good physical therapist and do what you're told, even when it hurts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 2:48pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    I guess I don't get to find out anything about the person I got the ligament from. That's too bad. I wonder if I'm gonna end up with a Dr. Strangelove knee? If I start involuntarily goose-stepping and kicking babies, then I'll know.
    NO, cant haz!

But seriously, good luck. Hit me up on FB and let me know how it went when you get the chance.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 7:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good luck! i'm still getting yanked around being told yes my acl is torn, no it's not, all depends on the week... I'm hoping at some point to see the doctor again and get surgery.... i guess i need it for my meniscus.

anyway feel better!!!!!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast