Page 6 of 10 First ... 2345678910 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's okay, you're actually injured instead of just bitching about people being injured for some reason.

I managed to go to the store without crutches today. Then took a wrong step in the bathroom at home, searing pain! haha. Well, still, accomplished something today.
    Last edited by Evergrey; 6/16/2011 2:11am at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm unsubscribing before this turns lesbo.

Good luck - heal fast dummies.

~unsubscribes~
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    I'm unsubscribing before this turns lesbo.

Good luck - heal fast dummies.

~unsubscribes~
    Kiss my ass Jeet kun douche. God forbid you ever get injured.

On a lighter note my MRI is tomorrow at 8 am.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You folks with injured knees need to cool it with the training. DLR -- are you out of your mind?

I sprained my MCL (grade 2) about 7 weeks ago. I'm doing ne waza with my legs tied together -- and will for a few more weeks. The knee is still sore from time to time.

The first two weeks are the acute phase--swelling, lots of pain, other nastiness. It gets better after that, but ligaments are very slow to heal. Much longer than you think. My doc said I should be 100% in another ~6 weeks or so. Longer if I screw it up again. I can't really do standing randori until its all better, either.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, going to take my time this time. I hate it but I have to get better. There's a knockdown tournament I've got my eye on for next summer... have to get completely over this if I want to train properly for that.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    You folks with injured knees need to cool it with the training. DLR -- are you out of your mind?

I sprained my MCL (grade 2) about 7 weeks ago. I'm doing ne waza with my legs tied together -- and will for a few more weeks. The knee is still sore from time to time.

The first two weeks are the acute phase--swelling, lots of pain, other nastiness. It gets better after that, but ligaments are very slow to heal. Much longer than you think. My doc said I should be 100% in another ~6 weeks or so. Longer if I screw it up again. I can't really do standing randori until its all better, either.
    Yes Im out of my mind. Like i saud earlier i was helping new people ser the position. I even did It in my good leg to make sure i didnt hurt It more. Unfortunately my anee was warm after practice. Probably because it was the first day off crutches too. I wasn't doing the techniques. I've done them for years, I was helping new teammates with everything

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Navita View Post
    Yes Im out of my mind. Like i saud earlier i was helping new people ser the position. I even did It in my good leg to make sure i didnt hurt It more. Unfortunately my anee was warm after practice. Probably because it was the first day off crutches too. I wasn't doing the techniques. I've done them for years, I was helping new teammates with everything
    I know the feeling. I would have started full ne waza randori (rolling, basically) a few weeks ago had my coach let me. But, wisely, he did not. (Have I mentioned I've been rolling with MY LEGS TIED TOGETHER-no fun.) Ligaments, as I've learned, are fibrous strings. A sprain means you've broken a few of them. A tear means you've broken all of them. Those strings take a long time to heal because there's not much blood supply there. And the more you screw with them, the slower they heal. Are you doing physical therapy?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    I know the feeling. I would have started full ne waza randori (rolling, basically) a few weeks ago had my coach let me. But, wisely, he did not. (Have I mentioned I've been rolling with MY LEGS TIED TOGETHER-no fun.) Ligaments, as I've learned, are fibrous strings. A sprain means you've broken a few of them. A tear means you've broken all of them. Those strings take a long time to heal because there's not much blood supply there. And the more you screw with them, the slower they heal. Are you doing physical therapy?
    Nope.. Nothing I just had my MRI today. I won't get results until next Friday. I can't handle all this waiting I've run out of painkillers and have to go a week before I see anyone again. Random stabbing pains started 2 days ago while I was sitting at work. I havent done anything but work and chill at home because of the pain.

I don't like this runaround I just want a set diagnosis and to start whatever treatment necessary.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the last thing I want to do is get hooked on vicodin. That would be really lame, heh. Only taking one a day, thinking about trying for none. I have to go out a couple times today though, not fun. :p

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    TAKE THE PAIN TROOP!
    Permission to bleed, Sir.
    Permission granted, Private.

:yaoming:

(button in upper right corner) Settings> (left menu under My Account) General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Page 6 of 10 First ... 2345678910 Last