Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2011 7:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    I fully intend to wear one of my most overblown gothic ballgowns. I don't think our Shihan would have any qualms about giving me a couple bruises on my upper body though, haha, so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut.
    One thing I love is my coach just looks at me and goes "go over with this group and make sure they are doing things right" Afterwards he goes you know you move a lot for being in a brace... how does it feel? I told him not bad, but in reality it hurt like hell...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 1:22am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, Shihan told me I am an idiot... when a student asked what was wrong with my knee, he told her it was a cod ID-10-T issue. He called me a gimpatron and said "crutches Evey? REALLY? CRUTCHES?" and sat at his desk with his head in his hands for a little while. So it's nice to know he cares, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, heh.

They're going to focus a lot more on kumite (fighting) in the next few weeks, It's torture for me to not be able to be a part of that. D: I am a terrible fighter but it is my favorite thing to do.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 1:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, Shihan told me I am an idiot... when a student asked what was wrong with my knee, he told her it was a cod ID-10-T issue. He called me a gimpatron and said "crutches Evey? REALLY? CRUTCHES?" and sat at his desk with his head in his hands for a little while. So it's nice to know he cares, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, heh.

They're going to focus a lot more on kumite (fighting) in the next few weeks, It's torture for me to not be able to be a part of that. D: I am a terrible fighter but it is my favorite thing to do.
    yea brand new girls in class and i'm limping around going i swear this **** never happens!!

We were working take downs and de la riva... i kept trying dlr, which was a horrible idea my knee and back of knee are on fire

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 6:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hoping that I can get an MRI and they can figure out what's up. Heh, one of the people at the dojo today showed me all of his surgery scars that this doctor I'm going to go see gave him. I said "woot, I get to have a manly scar? YESSSSS!"

I'm not a man, but I figure if I have to get a buncha gnarly scars, I might as well decide that they are cool and macho anyway, instead of crying about them or something. :p

Another instructor said "meniscus? Oh that's an easy surgery! Lemme go get a drill and a saw," and then he made some power drill sound effects.

<3

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 6:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol...
    How quickly this thread devolved into a grouphug/congratulations for what amounts to a failure in training.
    It chafes my hide to no end when people wear their injuries like badges; and yes that is what i see going on here.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 10:23am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Navita View Post
    yea brand new girls in class and i'm limping around going i swear this **** never happens!!

We were working take downs and de la riva... i kept trying dlr, which was a horrible idea my knee and back of knee are on fire
    Doing this is stupid. If your partner or you move the wrong way be even a tiny little bit you can re-injure or further bust up your existing injury.

Let that **** heal or you'll be fucked up for a long time.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 12:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Lol...
    How quickly this thread devolved into a grouphug/congratulations for what amounts to a failure in training.
    It chafes my hide to no end when people wear their injuries like badges; and yes that is what i see going on here.
    Yea not wearing my injury like a badge. I'm actually super bummed about mine and have replayed the accident in my head... It sucks.

I think most of us are making light of our injuries to keep ourselves positive and upbeat. Commiserating and knowing you're not alone makes it easier to go through the whole ordeal.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 1:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    Doing this is stupid. If your partner or you move the wrong way be even a tiny little bit you can re-injure or further bust up your existing injury.

Let that **** heal or you'll be fucked up for a long time.

I already knew the techniques I was helping new students and I admit to pushing it a little too much with the position but actually goin through the whole technique, big no no, I knew I wasn't strong enough for that

I've also been off crutches a total of 2 days and have pushe the walking thing. At the end of the day yea, I'm sore.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 4:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Lol...
    Well, I could bitch and whine and say "woe is me" and all that ****, or I could have a sense of humor about myself and my failures, and keep a positive attitude. I don't listen to Deathcab for Cutie, so guess which one I'm going to choose?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2011 12:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I could bitch and whine and say "woe is me" and all that ****, or I could have a sense of humor about myself and my failures, and keep a positive attitude. I don't listen to Deathcab for Cutie, so guess which one I'm going to choose?
    Yea this is here so we can stay positive. Because like today was for me, a bad day, I got home from work and has stabbing pains, even though I had done everything right today, worn the brace etc. I need a place to laugh and see that others may be having bad days with their injuries too...

Sorry, I'm having a death cab for cutie day today
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast