Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 4:57pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    There are a variety of methods to pass a guard and some are complicated, other are not. Here's one that works at the highest level and breeds a very usefull skillset.

Don't force the pass. settle in or bait something and let him open up to attack. Inevitable you're going to get amrbarred/triangled ect. quite a bit but if you take the time to stop after each submission and review what you did wrong then try something different, then you will get very good at defending submissions from top position in guard. Also, this method will work from beginner to advanced becasue it doesn't rely on YOU breaking thier guard, it's a patience game and in order to attack you the opponent must open up and this will present your opportunity to work your timing, escapes, technique ect.

Personally, I like to bait the armbar or triangle with my back arm lightly hooked on thier thigh. as soon as they jump for a submission my hook goes straight arm and that leg get's pinned to the ground where I walk around or go for the double under and stack.

in MMA if all else fails, chainpunch your way out of his guard. It works great!
    STFU.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 5:09pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    There are a variety of methods to pass a guard and some are complicated, other are not. Here's one that works at the highest level and breeds a very usefull skillset.

Don't force the pass. settle in or bait something and let him open up to attack. Inevitable you're going to get amrbarred/triangled ect. quite a bit but if you take the time to stop after each submission and review what you did wrong then try something different, then you will get very good at defending submissions from top position in guard. Also, this method will work from beginner to advanced becasue it doesn't rely on YOU breaking thier guard, it's a patience game and in order to attack you the opponent must open up and this will present your opportunity to work your timing, escapes, technique ect.

Personally, I like to bait the armbar or triangle with my back arm lightly hooked on thier thigh. as soon as they jump for a submission my hook goes straight arm and that leg get's pinned to the ground where I walk around or go for the double under and stack.

in MMA if all else fails, chainpunch your way out of his guard. It works great!
    This must be some sort of extremely dry humor right?

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 5:18pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    This must be some sort of extremely dry humor right?
    Your faith in humanity inspires me.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 5:26pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My advice on passing guard is a 100 % BJJ technique. It is infallible.

1. While in guard, take your lead arm and raise it in the air.

2. Using your mouth , now this is very tough, so listen carefully, you call over your instructor and explain the difficulties you are having. You apologise to your partner for stopping, but explain that if you dont improve, then he wont have to improve to beat you.

3. Listen very carefully to what your instructor says.

4. Drill, drill, drill some more.

5. Profit.

BreakDance Fighter

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 7:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One doesn't pass the guard, the guard passes you...

Actually, I seem to remember the "good posture pass" being the first closed guard pass I learned as a beginner that seemed to work while I was just getting comfortable with rolling....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 7:20pm

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdavy View Post
    Seriously. No one wants to see the blind lead the blind. If you're a "beginnner" as well, that immediately makes you unqualified to talk about technique.

I'm a blue with 4 years of rolling and competition experience, and I don't give out grappling advice because there are people here who are actually qualified to do it.

Shut up and train.
    If you ask for advice on the internet, you get what you get. For all I know you only "say" you're a blue belt with 4 years experience, and in reality you're just a fanboy.(seriously not saying you are, and not trying to be a dick, just pointing out that you can be anyone you want on the internet.) I didnt give the guy any sure fire, advanced, 'My professor told me this **** but its a secret so keep it on the DL" counter technique. Its the standard beginners counter to a sit up sweep, and for what it's worth I said "what I do", not "what YOU should do." Relax man, and I really don't need you to tell me to train man, I get plenty of mat time.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 8:00pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    If you ask for advice on the internet, you get what you get. For all I know you only "say" you're a blue belt with 4 years experience, and in reality you're just a fanboy.(seriously not saying you are, and not trying to be a dick, just pointing out that you can be anyone you want on the internet.) I didnt give the guy any sure fire, advanced, 'My professor told me this **** but its a secret so keep it on the DL" counter technique. Its the standard beginners counter to a sit up sweep, and for what it's worth I said "what I do", not "what YOU should do." Relax man, and I really don't need you to tell me to train man, I get plenty of mat time.
    God damn beginner grapplers on the Internet can be so stupid.

STFU and train dude. You have no business giving technical advice regarding grappling technique.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 8:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So at what belt do I get to answer basic BJJ questions?

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    So at what belt do I get to answer basic BJJ questions?
    When your advice doesn't suck you can answer basic BJJ questions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 9:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what was wrong with my post? The forum philosophy of STFU and train I get, but if there was something wrong with the technique in my post then I would like to hear it.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast