Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/10/2011 12:13am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    Here is another wristlock I do quite often and pull it off most of the time especially against people that spar with me for the first time.
    Very nice. I'll be looking to try that one out in the near future.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    6/10/2011 12:54am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet. I really like the head turn and chin tuck detail, I can definitely see how those open up the opportunity. I'll give them a try this week and let you know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2011 1:05am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    Sweet. I really like the head turn and chin tuck detail, I can definitely see how those open up the opportunity. I'll give them a try this week and let you know.
    Cool once you get it down it is hard for your opponent to stop it. I am still able to pull it off on my students even though they have seen and felt it numerous times.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/10/2011 9:26am

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here is another wristlock I do quite often and pull it off most of the time especially against people that spar with me for the first time.
    I really like this one. I have a habit of looking for wristlocks because of all the aikido training I had when I was a kid.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    6/10/2011 9:46am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yay, I learned a new sneaky move today! I thought you were going to show the one where you apply a wristlock against the ground from a failed Americana

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2011 9:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    Yay, I learned a new sneaky move today! I thought you were going to show the one where you apply a wristlock against the ground from a failed Americana
    Unfortunately I can't get credit for developing this technique. I actually learned it from my Professor. The only thing I tweaked was the folding of the wrist with my chin. The last time he submitted me with this one my wrist was hurting me for 3 months.......lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2011 2:42pm

Style: Aikido, bits of jits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Python, thanks for sharing.
    As a contrast to your clear vid of a hyper extended wrist lock, here's a shoddy vid of me catching a hyper flexed wrist lock in free play: link
    I think it shares some similarities in doing it from a dominant position and using more than the hands to control.

I wasn't aiming for it, just trying to tie up his weapon hand so I could feed him some butt strikes to the head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 2:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had read about wristlocks being legal in BJJ, but everyone seems to de-emphasize them as "low percentage" techniques; a disclaimer that often accompanies small joint manipulation. With what Python says about consist results and the multiple points of contact maintained throughout, would it be correct to say these are "high percentage"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 2:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARPAChief View Post
    I had read about wristlocks being legal in BJJ, but everyone seems to de-emphasize them as "low percentage" techniques; a disclaimer that often accompanies small joint manipulation. With what Python says about consist results and the multiple points of contact maintained throughout, would it be correct to say these are "high percentage"?
    They are low percentage for some because they don't practice them enough. Back when I started BJJ, footlocks and wristlocks were considered chicken **** moves and were frowned upon to be used in competition. I remember one year Eric Paulson competed as a blue belt and applied a footlock on his opponent. He got the tap and the whole crowd booed him for it.

Now that thinking has been changed for the better. Now applying a wrsitlock is possible as long as the arm is immobilized and you have a back surface to apply the pressure for the finish.

I was fortunate to train in Shootwrestling before I got into BJJ. In shootwrestling we trained a lot in footlocks and knee bars. Also my Professor also taught us footlocks and wristlocks as well. So I never considered these techniques chicken **** and have been using them since 1994.
    Last edited by Team Python; 6/27/2011 2:56pm at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/27/2011 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the very few things I am able to get working against other at this early stage is a constant hunt for wristlock positions. I rarely get the actual sub, but my hands are right where they need to be when someone starts trying to establish a grip as part of an attack. I'm sure this will give way to something else when I am better, but for now I am grateful for threads like this one.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12