Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

In Before the Rest of You Console Gamers Start Hatin'

As many of you Camp Skeletor people know, I've been working for Ubisoft/Red Storm for almost 10 years as an Authenticity Consultant for the Tom Clancy brand of video games (Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon).

For about the past couple of years, I've been working on the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier project and one of my primary areas of work has been what is now called the "Gunsmith" project of in-game weapons customization. This particular tool is demonstrated in this video by Chris Bray from Ubisoft/Red Storm (one of the guys that I've worked with) using the Kinect for the XBox360.

For you weapons enthusiasts out there, it opens all kinds of badass doorways into tactical gaming and provides the gamer with almost 20,000,000 different weapons combinations for the ultimate in digital badassery. You can thank me later by buying this awesome game when it hits the shelves later this year, and encourage your friends (at gunpoint, of course!) to do the same, suckas! =)

Last edited by Lord Skeletor; 6/09/2011 1:33am at .

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 5:41pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will get this game if it has a PC version, particularly without the “Games for Windows Live” bullshit. I spent a chunk of change on a new video card for my computer because it leverages my existing investments and allows me to make better use of Steam for affordable gaming. A new console is just too much money in the end.

Thanks for the news, which happened to remind me that I've been meaning to try the Rainbow Six 3 demo. If there's a way we can play online together, cross-platform, be sure to let me know. My e-penis will be HUGE if I manage to avoid pwnage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 5:44pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will any of your choices have an actual effect on gameplay? or is it all just candy? Dont get me wrong i love the idea, but what functionality game wise will replacing the gas system from an M4a1 from direct impingement to piston do for example?

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 6:18pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****.

I would never have bought another infantry combat simulator again, ordinarily (ffs I have enough of them) - but I'm definitely going to grab this if you worked on it.

The gunsmith tool sounds amazing.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 1:48am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East View Post
    Will any of your choices have an actual effect on gameplay? or is it all just candy? Dont get me wrong i love the idea, but what functionality game wise will replacing the gas system from an M4a1 from direct impingement to piston do for example?
    One of the most difficult things to do is to quantify performance of a weapon in the video game realm. Let's be honest...if you shot somebody in the heart or the head with either an M4 or an AK47, you're going to be just as dead. We had to take the approach on tweaking everything from cyclic rate, caliber, effective range, accessories, weight, recoil, crosshair variance (a complicated process of assigning crosshair spread to fully automatic weapons, based on a number of variables), damage done, ammunition restrictions, the ability of the weapon to accept a number of upgrades (such as burst trigger groups, the ability to mount suppressors, or aiming devices, etc)---you get the picture. If you make one particular gun "that much better" than the next, then the player will eventually settle down with one particular model and not use anything else.

The "Gunsmith" program will allow you to literally take the modification to an unbelievable extreme for personal preferences...or you can set the weapons up for generic settings based on range, or even something totally random for the fun of it. It really is something neat to play around with. I encourage all of you to check the game out...and for the nasty little messages I keep getting, I had little (if nothing) to do with Rainbow Six:Lockdown...Athena Sword and Iron Wrath, maybe...but not Lockdown! =)

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 1:58am

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Holy ****.

I would never have bought another infantry combat simulator again, ordinarily (ffs I have enough of them) - but I'm definitely going to grab this if you worked on it.

The gunsmith tool sounds amazing.
    Same here, I played Vegas 1 and 2 until I was dreaming about it on a nightly level but this sounds creamy. I've always liked deep customization in any game and this sounds like it could draw me back.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 10:16am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You may force me to buy Kinect and Xbox live.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 10:25am

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ghost Recon 2 is one of my favorite games!! Do they have a diffinate release date for 3 yet?

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 2:07pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love this kind of attention to detail in games. I feel like in a good video game, you will learn something real by playing.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 2:53pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I love this kind of attention to detail in games. I feel like in a good video game, you will learn something real by playing.
    Jack Thompson says he loves you and asks if you'll go out with him; turns out he's really shy when it comes to someone fucking him.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast