Administrator

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 9:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelm View Post
    Not a blanket statement as in I was not saying you needed a BB to teach.
    Try again:

Quote Originally Posted by Iif
    Purple and in some cases Blues can teach. Slow your roll with the Blanket statements.
    You said:
    Once you have a BJJ black belt actually teaching then you will be legit.
    No, he could have a Purple, Brown, or Blue teaching and be legit. Like I said a Blanket statement.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 11:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazillian Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am fully aware of what I wrote. I was in fact referencing his constant reference to his black belt getting there in July.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 1:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My emails to him and his repsonses- read from the bottom up.

To: ?????????
    Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:52:26 PM
    Subject: Re: BJJ classes

Coach Joe Miller teaches the class, It's BJJ gi and No gi, it's the what is done at the BJJ tournaments. We have a couple BJJ black Belts that are traveling in for testing and promoting. Joe is a level 3 combatives instructor from the army, which is gracie Jui Jitsu.
    Thanks

Premier Martial Arts
    Mark and Elizabeth Casey
    360-956-0888

www.pmaolympia.com

www.premierforlife.tsfl.com

www.oursandals.com

http://www.outskirtspress.com/AnAfricanPrincess

-----Original Message-----
    To: mcasey9033@aol.com
    Sent: Tue, May 31, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping you could tell me a little about the grappling class, like what style of grappling it is, who teaches it....that sort of thing. I guess my main question would be is this just a karate version of grappling where the emphasis is on avoiding the ground or is this an actual BJJ class? I hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful as that is not my intent, I just want to learn real Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Thanks again for your time.

----- Original Message -----
    To: ?????????
    Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:21:12 PM

Bobby,
    Thanks For the inquirey, We have different rates for different programs. Please call to set up a time to come in and see what we have to offer. We have a couple different grappling classes for you.
    Thanks. Si Gung Mark

Premier Martial Arts
    Mark and Elizabeth Casey
    360-956-0888
    www.pmaolympia.com

www.premierforlife.tsfl.com

www.oursandals.com

http://www.outskirtspress.com/AnAfricanPrincess

-----Original Message-----
    To: mcasey9033@aol.com
    Sent: Tue, May 31, 2011 10:16 am
    Subject: BJJ classes

I was looking at your website and noticed you have submission grappling/jiujitsu classes listed. I am very interested in learning Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu, can you tell me about this class please? Do you have different rates if I only want to do the grappling classes?

Thanks for your time,

Bobby

Right there in Bobbys email, that he posted mark admits to Joe teaching Bjj without being certified. There is the claim. And it's in Email form not just in a conversation he had with me

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 1:59am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am fully aware of what I wrote.
    Yes, and so are the other three posters that laughed at your blanket statement; regardless of what you referenced.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 9:40am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Navita View Post

Right there in Bobbys email, that he posted mark admits to Joe teaching Bjj without being certified. There is the claim. And it's in Email form not just in a conversation he had with me
    Oh you mean this part asshole?
    Joe is a level 3 combatives instructor from the army, which is gracie Jui Jitsu.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 10:21am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know I'm sick of this thread being in the Fraud section. If you're going to conduct investigations and accuse somebody of being "Bullshido" then know the definition.

We know about your post on the UG:
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....thread=1826484

If you don't like a school then you don't like it. If you want to humorously bash a school with a little "OMFG LOL", that's one thing; but you're trying to tear down a school with an apparent reputable instructor. Now if you guys want to be pretentious and elitist, again that's up to you, but you don't have to be colossal pricks about it.

For the record if you have a problem with it I'll be at the Mega Throwdown in Boston this year. You guys are more than welcome to fly over and teach me a lesson.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 11:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He answered all the questions except for the Jiu jitsu. If he would have simply said we teach army combatives, not Bjj. Because army combatives is not Gracie Jiu jitsu. Its a lot more than that. like I said in a previous post if he would have reached out to the Bjj community about losing his black belt, there are plenty who would have helped out covering the classes, and I would have volunteered, free of charge to help out Until their instructor got ranked in Bjj

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 11:40am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Navita View Post
    He answered all the questions except for the Jiu jitsu. If he would have simply said we teach army combatives, not Bjj. Because army combatives is not Gracie Jiu jitsu. Its a lot more than that. like I said in a previous post if he would have reached out to the Bjj community about losing his black belt, there are plenty who would have helped out covering the classes, and I would have volunteered, free of charge to help out Until their instructor got ranked in Bjj
    1. http://www.gracieacademy.com/gracie_combatives.asp
    2. He did reach out to his resources.

Are you butt sore because he didn't ask you? Get over it.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 2:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ legit minus the BB? Really so my new kajukenbo class is legit too, I am just coaching til I get somebody with qualifications to teach. The fact that some people support you teaching bjj with a white belt level 3 military combatives does not make your BJJ legit. Once you have a BJJ black belt actually teaching then you will be legit.
    If he is not promoting people in BJJ in the interim, then I don't see any harm or any foul here.

*edit to clarify*
    Running a grappling program in the interim is fine as well. You don't need to have a GJJ black belt seal of approval on your ass to run a no-gi grappling class. There's many programs that put out capable submission fighters that don't have any formal rank in BJJ at all. If this guy is keeping the school running until he can find another instructor to fill the gap of their BJJ credentials, and isn't promoting people in BJJ, then there is no fraud here imo.
    Last edited by Ke?poFist; 6/09/2011 2:48pm at .
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 3:03pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, yelm is an internet elitist asshole. I find it utterly hilarious that you fought and have a winning record, but sit here and stir up ****. Go roll with these guys if you think they are so terrible and shouldn't be teaching. I find it funnier that you come here and don't tell the entire story to why you posted on bullshido.

Do everyone a favor and explain why Mark flipped out. I may not agree with everything he said, but I NOW completely understand his tone. I also understand his defensiveness and anger directed at SJ and OS.
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast